Recipes for Fresh Figs, Please

What to do with a glut ?? I already have loads of jam and chutney…

Has anyone done Figs in Chocolate ?? or Cake ???

If you’ve any ideas - please keep 'em coming. :smiley::innocent:

Figs and foie gras mi-cuit - just layer up the foie gras with the figs (quarter them lengthways and remove stalky end) and make it in your usual way.

Fig tart - pastry case, make a frangipane, stick halved figs on top, bake.

Wrap bits of poitrine round them and do them in the oven like devils on horseback.

Make a salad with figs and feta and watercress or whatever.

Chop some up and put them in bread dough for a nice loaf, or in a quatre quarts to spiv it up.

I put a honey glaze on my fig tart.

1 Like

Fig milkshakes, fig cocktails, and dry figs in the sun or oven to use later. And chopped figs in anything…cereal, cakes, tarts.

Actually we just stuff our faces :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you all for your ideas. I shall be having a go, to ring the changes.

OH is horrified at the number of figs I am simply chomping/slurping my way through … I have been handing them around to neighbours to try and reduce the quantity in my kitchen. :hugs:

The School will definitely be benefiting next week.

I had a dish of fresh figs, aniseed eau de vie and cream in Seville once. It was delicious, though even without the additions it would still have been delicious.

I love figs.

And it’s great to be regular :rofl:

1 Like

I now have fresh figs, coated in my special chocolate mixture - chilling nicely in the fridge. Can hardly contain myself with the excitement - 2 of my favourite things in one glorious mouthful. (I have chosen to use small figs for this trial run …) :wink::smiley:

EDIT: absolutely fabulous… going to try the next lot with a pinch of piment d’espelette added to the mix… :hugs:

Flo made me a delicious fig cake for my birthday a couple of weeks ago whilst we were home in Carmaux and, this evening, we have just finished off the last of them that we brought back to the UK as a puree with a couple of nectarines.

Deee-licious!!!

Plus, I took a large box-full into my office last Monday and by 5pm they were all gone! My colleagues lapped them up - munching and slurping on them all day…once they knew what they were!!! Not the sort of fruit one can buy here in Morrisons or Tesco!

1 Like

I’ve picked another basketful this evening. Judging by what is yet to ripen on the tree, I shall have more than enough to feed the five thousand (even without loaves and fishes).

I shall definitely look into fig cake… :thinking:

1 Like

I saw them in M & S last year , 50p each.

I gave away another tray… about 30/40 figs … to a newcomer in the village. She was pleased to be so well received, just hope she doesn’t eat them all at once… :thinking:

1 Like

I was in the UK last week and the first task on Bake Off was fig rolls.

50p each???

I should have brought more back and set up a stall…I would be RICH!!!

1 Like