Recomendations for car insurance in brittany

I am in the process of buying my first French car and am looking for recomendations for french insurance companies I have a quote from my bank but nothing to compare it with .any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance .

Did you ever contact @fabien about insurance… ???

Of course, you can simply do the rounds of the local insurance agents… or else try the on-line services that talk about “instant quote”… if all you want to do is compare to see if your bank is good value.

Be careful about a quote from your banque.
From past experience, we were given a quote from them and it was cheaper than the renewal quote we had from our existing insurer but what we didn’t realise at the time was that the quote was only up to December in that year - not a full year :roll_eyes:
When the full year quote came in from the banque many months later, it was significantly higher than what we would have paid our old insurer if we had renewed with them on equal terms… We now use @fabien for our car insurance and he is able to explain very clearly in English what the options are so you can make a more informed decision. Insurance isn’t cheap but it can cost you dear if you don’t understand the contract.

No I haven’t,apart from the bank survive france was first port of call as I’m very new to how things work in france so I’m very much a novice so not sure who to contact or what comparison companies there are online

Ah… the link was given in a reply about you Retiring… and house insurance… a few months back…

The insurance market here is very different to that in the UK. I’m sure comparison sites exist here (I’ve never used one) but a good sound broker will guide you properly through the process.
You don’t have to use @fabien - his advice however comes free and he is very good at his job.
and no, I don’t get a commission for recommending him :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

The online comparison companies open you up to months/years of hundreds of telephone and email junk calls. We tried one once and it was hell. Never again,. Use a broker, or go direct to companies who have offices in your area.

1 Like

Yup - same as UK according to GloH (#RipoffBritain)… bleeding nightmare :upside_down_face:

Seems we are all saying much the same thing… :relaxed:

so it’s over to you… @Davidpmackintosh … take your pick… :wink:

Thank you I think with all that advise I’ll give comparison sites a miss .I messaged @fabien but not had any reply as yet but thanks for advice

Evening everyone, a quick email as I’m usually not online on a saturday night but I got Graham’s tag in my mail box so thought I’d give you a first answer. You can request for a quote here => https://www.fabfrenchinsurance.com/ we will then manually run a comparative analysis to find the best possible deal but we’re human so bear with us for a couple days (as we work from Monday to Friday only and I’ll be back from holidays so I have a lot of catch up to do) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Try AXA. STAY AWAY FROM GROUPMA…

We’re with Allianz and whilst helpful to have some English speakers to deal with. My partner was involved in an accident, when an elderly driver crashed in to her and our young son. Very scary, completely not her fault. The car was totalled. A year later we’re still waiting for Allianz to sort it out, had no money back and no idea when or if we will. She has been without a car now for all that time. They have dragged it on and on and on. Could not recommend them at all and should they ever sort it out. We will quicky go elsewhere!