Reco's for tyres?

Probably a little bit of an off the wall topic, but after now having been in France for just over a year, I now need to buy some new tyres for my car and wondered where the best place to look was. I’ve seen the stores Norauto and Feuvert, but knowing how much experience there is with all the SF members, I’d certainly welcome any feedback and recommendations. Thanks in advance for any inputs - appreciated :+1:

Look on internet, loads of suppliers and find someone locally to fit them (is what i do)

2 Likes

I have used:

You can find a fitting centre through the ordering process.

1 Like

thanks alot @Mat_Davies , very helpful :+1:

@Mark were there any specific sites that you’ve found to be good value?

Thanks for the responses - appreciated

We burst a tyre on our trip a couple of weeks ago. The first garage we went to in Autun (not part of a chain) was very helpful, but didn’t have anything suitable. They recommended the local Norauto, who would only fit a pair of tyres, but did do so on the same day and were helpful to non-French speakers (WTH is immatriculation - yes, I know now).

1 Like

I fit General AT3s, 275/55r20 so not everywhere sells them, but as @Mat_Davies said, Allopneus is one, think there is touspneus and 1001pneus to name but a few. I shop around to get the best deals on the day.

1 Like

thanks @Mark :+1:

I also ordered tyres from here last month, as they had an excellent deal - they arrived very quickly.

1 Like

That’s great, as I’ve got a feeling the tyres I need may be quite pricey, so now plenty of sites to trawl through and minimise the cost :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

@letsmile Presumably you aren’t in a zone or travelling to a region which requires specific winter (or all weather) tyres?

@anon37731102 fortunately not, I’m in 34, but thanks for highlighting that. I did drive down in Dec '20 and due to the massive amount of snow I came across, the whole journey North to South took me about 16 hours - possibly the toughest journey I’ve ever made, and could’ve certainly done with snow chains - it was absolute carnage!

Is there not a benefit in buying and fitting locally where you might need other support for your vehicle?

(This is not a judgment it’s a serious question as to what you think.)

2 Likes

Exactly what I was about to say.
Having a garage that you use for everything is a massive plus. When you are a regular then they always offer helping hand when you need it.
Ok it might be a bit more expensive but you are supporting a local business and that doesnt pass them by.

3 Likes

Hello, others have covered the places I usually look. Mostly I end up at Norauto because 500m from my place! No seriously in my case they do look after you and have fixed free of charge other things. If price is really an issue then there are the off premium brands. Most of the manufacturers have a non premium brand. I think Semperit is Good Year for example. At a point the performance of no name brands is terrible so I won’t go far from premium or close to premium.

Quite a few online companies. I use https://www.centralepneus.fr/

1 Like

I do actually plan to go and visit the local garages to see what price they can give me, as if they can be competitive, or even if they’re just a little more expensive then I’d run with them . The reason I wanted to look at prices elsewhere was because the tyres I’m looking at are quite pricey - a quick look this evening at the sites kindly provided was showing the lowest cost for just tyres to be 650€ without fitting, hence why I want to have a look around before purchasing.

1 Like

Before our local garage changed hands, they would always fit whatever we turned up with.
The new owner is a decent chap. But won’t fit 'em unless he provides 'em…
He does his best to match whatever OH finds on-line, so we stick with him… yes, it might be a few euros more but he’s come up trumps when we’ve needed him to… so it’s well worth it.

3 Likes

In the past I’ve ordered tyres from https://www.123pneus.fr (part of Delticom AG who claim to be Europe’s biggest online tyre retailer) and had them delivered to a small local car repair garage who have fitted them for me. They have a list of the local partner garages on the web site.

2 Likes

@letsmile “carnage”. How many dead? :wink:

I use the local tyre place Eurotyres. In the past I have used 123pneus.fr or the respective one for the country where i was. I have just had 4 x 235 on the XC90 and paid 623 euro including fitting and balancing. Excellent service and the young tyre fitter speaks good english. 2 new tyres for the S60 cost 198 euro including fitting and balancing.

1 Like