'Recycled' (reheated) coffee.......?

If only the cups WERE paper - apparently they are almost indestructible and certainly unrecyclable.

3 Likes

To underscore its global appeal, no parochial home-country icons for Bialetti or whoever it was. It transcends borders…

1 Like

That’s a very savvy answer @vero :ok_hand:

Excuse me!!! I use a pot or single mug strainer and drink out of a Spode cup and saucer. And I am not even as old as you!! Xx

1 Like

I’m a very committed tea drinker, but a mug user, albeit ‘posh ‘ mugs

1 Like

Xxxx :hugs:

I like a nice cuppa tea with me dinneeeeerr

Yes indeed. It is.

Me too. It’s got to be bone china.

I have a full set of Royal Doulton ‘Buckingham’ - in the china business known as a trio - cup, saucer, tea plate - x6.

When I got to the house selling them (Bristol to Stoke on Trent) the seller had cunningly put 6 side plates… A trip to the nearest ATM for another £60. Sugar bowl, milk jug. And 6 ‘duos’ - coffee cans & saucers.

Stupidly I failed to pick up a teapot for a mere £45. New they were £250.

Buckingham is nice - real gold leaf - but my pride and joy is Minton ‘St James’. Only got 6 duos - teacups and saucers. Gave the coffee duos to the g/f… Who only drinks Maxwell House.

1 Like

Mugs are ok as long as they are bone china.

I like to change my mug/cup to respond to circumstances. I’m currently using this one to remind me of happier times…a fun 6 months that was.

1 Like

Exactly what I do.
I always fill the machine even if I only need one cup right now - economy of effort.

Better than coffee pods - what an expensive and wasteful method of buying coffee!

I asked my next door neighbor and he said his pot of filter coffee lasts for two or two and a half days, depending on how many drop in on him.

He also remarked that people in the adjoining département (Calvados) rarely drink coffee, they prefer to take, and usually offer, a small glass of wine to morning visitors instead.

I shall very much bear that suggestion in mind, so thanks. I’m getting better, I think, at making and serving an acceptable coffee, but it has taken me a long time.

Is it proper to offer a biscuit, a viennoiserie or a madeleine with coffee? What else might be acceptable? I don’t want to be over-solicitous, but I don’t on the other hand want to be seen to be bizarre, even anglais bizarre :thinking::stuck_out_tongue:

My friend’s “bonne maman” was always scandalised at the idea of coffee without a biscuit or cale or something. Mais non mais non mais non. Very bad for your digestive system.

*cake not cale !

1 Like

We usually offer something not too gooey and rich. A pack of speculoos in the cupboard is always useful for the unexpected drop-in.

2 Likes

We call them hairdresser biscuits, as we were given one in our hairdressers in Nailsworth.

2 Likes

Would anyone on here recycle (reheat) tea?? I dont somehow think so, so why coffee??

Do you buy or use tea bags ?? if so there is no difference. to your remark. I use the senseo coffee pads, much better than wasting a pound of coffee because i didnt drink enough and it went stale.

Because old French men and women hate waste, they experienced the war and having nothing, so everything that can be used again is used again, and what can’t be used today is put aside for the day when it can, or given to someone who will appreciate it.

I’ve been humbled to relearn these old lessons from new neighbours. And my Zambian wife has the same intelligent and thrifty mentality, and our children likewise

1 Like