'Recycled' (reheated) coffee.......?

I reheat tea, and reuse teabags if have only used for one cup. Call me mean perhaps, or just value conscious? Tastes ok.

So many products these days including coffee pods are about increasing company profits in the name of convenience and are really not necessary. I think one day human kind will look back in horror at our profligate habits.

2 Likes

Yes of course, I do all the time because I put cups of tea down and forget about them, or make a pot and go off and do something and come back to it later. Why wouldn’t one?

1 Like

Musing awhile on your astonishing perspicacity, Jane, I was summoned by the alarming forces within to start a new topic, the thread of which must be that which is on everyone’s lips!

And you Jane will be there to deliver le coup d’envoi!

So go see New Topics, and thrill at the quickening of your pulse, all you SF weirdoes and misfits, yes! Including those of you lurking with pursed lips and disapproving scowls in the shrubbery. We know who you are! :hugs:

I don’t think it’s bad form but you could consider a thermos jug which is what I do. I also don’t drink french coffee because it’s pretty vile. My dad sends me coffee from Canada or we stock up in Italy.

Slightly off-subject, but as a coffee nerd, with a bit of spare time, I thought I’d add my two penny worth. I’ve got a full set of elderly Bialettis, an espresso machine and a variety of pistons, but none of them make as good a cup of coffee as my Aeropress.

Not entirely surprised that no one above appears to have mentioned the Aeropress as they seem virtually unknown in France. However, if it’s important to one to buy single estate beans and grind them in a non-electric grinder, then an Aeropress is a good, cheap piece of kit that allows one to enjoy the individuality of a particular coffee.

The main drawback of the Aeropress is the smugness of its aficinados :wink:

2 Likes

I have an aeropress at home which I was given, for travel, but I find it a faff with the little papers and actually prefer my aged Bialetti. You are right about the smugness :laughing:

I know many people who swear by Bialettis (and similar, but more expensive non-aluminium cafetieres) but to me this seems a sentimental attachment to a long standing ritual and a simple, but seductive bit of semi-traditional kit, rather than an appreciation of what really well made coffee can be.

Nevertheless, I did enjoy the article below and hope it might also entertain SF’s bialettisti…

My favourite coffee is ‘Turkish’ coffee made the trad way, possibly with a bit of cardamom the way they do it just outside the Ibn Tulun mosque in Cairo - but who has time for that. (And the best milkshakes in the world are/were to be found in the Suq al-Hamidiyya in Damascus near the Umayyad mosque, what is it about mosques and delicious drinks).

I think the best-made coffee is the coffee which pleases one the most - so it is subjective, like so many things.

1 Like

The tea room in the grand mosque in Paris isn’t bad either…

1 Like