Refrigerator or pantry ... and other places

Lots of bacteria in the natural delivery system is transfrerred to the baby they believe. Open up the sun roof and that process is not happening so the start up is different.

Errrrrm is right Brian.
So is this too do with the refrigerator or the pantry :wink:
My wife who is a Nursing teacher says thanks for the laugh this afternoon :yum:

1 Like

In response to AMā€™s post.

Iā€™d probably call that nature, although Iā€™m not sure how much of a role it plays in taste and enjoyment.

Beside the Dijon.

2 Likes

I keep mustards in the fridge as its only me who eats it, and rarely at that. Lasts years not months! Ketchup, BBQ sauce cupboard, soya / Asian sauces fridge.

It was the different country influence, it would not be surprising if a mother eating foods from the area she lived in would influence the way the child ate and preferences as the the microbiome transferred to the growing fetus.
They are exploring sugar cravings to certain gut batcteria, all the gut signals being sent to the brain.

The bacteria might be transferred to the infant and eventually to their gut during the birth event, but not in utero.

As a midwife I concur, the baby gets all sorts of bacteria / microbes from the vagina during birth. There have been some really interesting studies done comparing infant and child health vaginal v caesarean births

2 Likes

As a matter of observation, I was gestated in Vienna, grew up disliking pickles, soused herrings etc like my English mother. My brother was gestated in the UK, grew up liking pickles and other similar things like our Austrian/German father.

Genetics is known to control sense of taste, and Iā€™d suspect thatā€™s what happened with us. Itā€™s only a sample of 2, but Iā€™d expect a combination of genetics and subsequent availability of foods to have a much stronger influence than gut microbiome, which would be fundamentally shaped by the foods that were imbibed rather than driving the host to eat certain things, especially for the first 3 to 5 years of life.

1 Like

Not to mention how much better it is not to shave the pubic hair.

Donā€™t have an angiogram either!

Why not?

Well the razor came out for mineā€¦ they had told me that they would need access to the artery in the groin if things didnā€™t work to plan. So I went off to get the sides cleaned up, which I reckoned was plenty. But intake nurse not happy and took the lot off! And of course everything went to plan via my wrist so an itchy waste of time.

2 Likes

Possibly missing a trick there. When I buy pizzas I go for something rather plain like 4-formaggios or Margherita, spread green pesto all over it, add coin-sized slices chorizo and sprinkle with capers.

5 mins in the oven plain, then 5 mins after treatment as above.

Revs up a dull pizza marvellously!

Ketchup has enough vinegar in it to be a handy way to remove tarnish from brass and silverware. I put some on a spot of tarnish on a spoon just the other day. Tarnish gone. HP sauce is just as effective.

Iā€™m a very slow consumer of ketchup. It lives on the shelf with the mustard and other condiments, herbs 'n spices. Never goes off. And it being chilled when you get it out of the fridge reduces the flavour significantly.

A moment of high hilarity on a video of 4 women trading the differences in Spanish vocab between Argentina, Colombia, Mexico and Spain.

One of the items was a cap - a baseball-style cap. Three of them gave their versions of the name for this thing. The fourth gave her ā€˜streetā€™ name forr the cap ā€¦

The other three went bananas, total shriekdom :rofl:

In their versions of Spanish this ā€˜slangā€™ term for a baseball cap meant a vagina!

1 Like

Less energy in a frying pan with the lid on and gives a better pizza as the bottom toasts as it does in a wood fired oven.