Regional airline Flybmi collapses blaming Brexit uncertainty

Only due to my lack of invite!

Can I just pop in for the aperos?

2 Likes

You could probably sell tickets.:grinning:

2 Likes

Then there would be too many Guardian readers, sorry James.

Had to leave you out Tim because you would not like anything that anybody said :wink:

what’s the winning menu look like Mick? I might go down your bins the next day.

Twas every thus.

Alternative thought, could it be I’m always right and everyone else is wrong?:grinning:

Good to lighten the mood now and again David.

3 Likes

Yes, that was one of the reasons for not putting you on the list, that was already well catered for :wink:

1 Like

I think once the Japan-EU trade deal was concluded Honda’s move was likely to be inevitable. The problem - as Brian said is that there is a huge knock on effect in the supply lines and Brexit makes the whole economy more vulnerable and less able to withstand this sort of knock.

The yawning and lamentably predictable gulf between Liam Fox’s braggadio and his delivery of actual trade deals on B-day shows just how rooted in fantasy the whole thing is.

2 Likes

Do you think there will be a similar fate for Toyota in Derby?

I wouldn’t rule it out.

There was an interesting news piece that said that Honda runs on just in time delivery at Swindon and the time scales were amazing. The lorries are literally scheduled to turn up within about an hour and a half of when the components are required on the production line. They were saying that any in any one part of that component delivery can bring the whole factory to a standstill because the whole production line stops. They said to keep a stock of all of the components they need for a week they would need to build a storage depot that would be the largest building in the world by area. When you think of it in those terms I can see why Brexit soon starts to make them consider their options carefully. Any border delays as a result could be catastrophic for these type of just in time operations. I hadn’t understood it fully until the scale was laid out in those terms.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::relaxed::sunglasses::zipper_mouth_face:

love it

Good grief
 I’ve only been away 4 days
 and you all seem to have been very, very busy making the most of some Stella-Free time
 :wink::hugs:

2 Likes

Welcome back Stella!

You’re a real tonic, Mick! :sunny::joy::sunny: And a must-have ingredient at any social gathering.

Thinking positive, what better way to go than being ripped to bloody ribbons in the presence of pals after a decent meal by such splendidly passionate warrior-women as VĂ©ronique and Jane?

A masochist’s dream, but don’t do the job too quick ladies, I want to enjoy every gory minute! :joy::fork_and_knife::fire:

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah, right! :wink::v::metal:

1 Like

I realise that, just my sense of humour too.

1 Like