Registering for UK VAT to Sell into UK

Hello Karen - as usual I am a bit slow to pick up your posts!

I hope the following link is helpful:

Normally VAT is not charged on exported goods - as the link shows, it is a consumption tax, so if the goods are consumed in the country (e.g. France), then VAT rules apply. If sent outside the EU then VAT does not need to be charged in France, but make sure you have proof of shipment.

All the best,

Thanks Chris but I think they have changed the rules, imports into UK under 135 pounds seller has to charge UK vat then send it onto UK.