Registering vehicle in France - CarteGris WW Provisoire

I agree with you about the delays via ANTS. Helped a friend with a different query… but it took us ages…

got there in the end… just before insanity set in… :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

Judging by the OP words… perhaps not fully resident in France… might be why not going the ANTS route… who knows…

(incidentally… there is a clause about only using WW vehicules during the week and NOT on BHols or Sundays… or have I misread that??)

Hi David, the company has all the required documents and they check them (that’s why they charge a fee), they then send them with the application via the ANTs website (professional registered companies have more access to this site), the WW thing is something they can give you (charge you for) whilst you wait for the proper papers. I had thought that I had read somewhere that once the application was on-going there was a way of getting a free document you could use whilst waiting.

The problem is that to do it ourselves we needed to register on FranceConnect and as I couldn’t find my original tax forms or visit the post office (closed due the virus at the time) this was impossible, otherwise I would have attempted to do the application myself.

To clarify.

Getting WW registration is not free, there is a cost. In my case it was about €65 .
Applying for WW registration is free but it might be worth considering paying the agency to do that as it could avoid a lot of correspondence with ANTS that can be time consuming.

It doesn’t sound as though the agency are going to charge you €97 for applying for a WW registration but they are going to charge you about €25-30 on top of the registration fee.

You can get anyone with access to ANTS to register a vehicle in your name on your behalf.

My goodness… you’ve had a run of bad luck then.

Once you’ve been here, in France, long enough to have all your “numbers” you’ll find it so much easier to do “governmental” things yourself. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m sure you have mis-read that. The WW registration is just a temporary stop gap. I can’t remember but it might have been restricted to use in a France only but there was no restriction of when it could be used except that it had a limited life.
It’s possible that the W registrations cannot be used when the garages are shut.

Yes, you’re quite right… silly me… reading too fast… and on an empty stomach… :crazy_face: :smile:

validity 15 working days (not counting BH and weekends)

oire français. Il sont valides 15 jours ouvrés (jours fériés et weekends décomptés) et

mind you… it then goes on to say that they can be for much longer…

goodness me… it is really quite complicated… almost as if there is a get-out for every situation… :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

You’re right David, it’s the registration fee plus their fee.
Unfortunately I don’t know anyone with access to ANTS otherwise this would have been the route I would have taken. We’ve just been unlucky in that the virus has made everything slower and more difficult :frowning:

Gosh Karen… sounds like you’ve arrived in France at a very difficult time.

keep smiling… things will get better.

My WW plate from 2013 now on a barn wall with rallye plaques and other trivia.

1 Like

15 years Stella, but I understood the FranceConnect thing was new ?

There is a longer limit for WW plates these days, perhaps as a consequence of the system moving to ANTS. I think it’s four months and that fits in with what Karen wrote.

Goodness… 15 years … and you’re not able to open ANTS or France Connect ???
Wow… that does sound very harsh.

ah well… let’s hope things work out for you… sooner rather than later.

Yes, there’s all sorts of new amendments which makes things so much easier…

can’t wait to hear what the President will be telling us all … tomorrow…

I’m sure more changes will be coming along… :laughing:

Whatever happened to the ANTS website? Should be dead easy but I tore my hair out over 3 days getting it to accept my registration and finally gave up as whatever I put was not recognized or the captcha thing was wrong. Have now gone to my local garage who says it will be sorted today. That’s only 3 days. Garages do not go through the ANTS website they bypass that and go through the site for registered garages.

Not heard that ANTS is “down”… Is this your first time using it ??

what were you trying to do ??? :upside_down_face:

Hi Karen. sounds like a nice bike. I’ve registered a few foreign sourced cars here in my time. Most recently last September online with on Government website and I was sent a CG provisoire as a matter of course at no extra cost.