Registering with a Doctor while renting

Good morning all.

I have searched and found some topics but cant say found exactly what i am looking for .

I guess i have 3 queries on same subject.

We are here in France since 1/10/23 and husband as EU passport holder now has his attestation de droits. Received letter to send photo for CV all done and waiting. Had lots probs setting up Ameli account mainly due to mobile as no wifi so cant use laptop.
Anyway another letter from Ameli saying can set up mon espace but

You should be able to set up your phone to use as a ‘wifi hotspot’ and connect your laptop to the internet through that.

Google the make and model of your phone with ‘set up wifi hotspot’ and you’ll find the steps required.

1 Like

The title of the thread says registering with a doctor whilst renting, obviously meaning you may not use them once settled. I am not registered, I just ring a local doctor and get an appointment which is what many people do so if you find you don’t like them, you can go elsewhere, plus a lot of cabinets say they are full but will still see people if they are really in need.

But it costs more if don’t have MT

@Tranmere Registering with a Doctor should be straight forward and only requires you to be resident in France… whether you own or rent doesn’t matter… :+1:

Hi Stella

I think i reactivated in error when trying to do new post about notaire :slight_smile:

Husband now registered as he has CV, me unfortunately untl cds as spouse of EU approved CPAM will not register me as keep asking for my cDS.

Dtr now guven me a form i need to send to CPAM to say he is my MT but without an SS number think need to keep until i can register.
elaine

I don’t pay.

But somebody does…so presumably cost your mutuelle more.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Urgent advice re compromis

Not everybody does Jane, our doctor insists on home visits to Fran and there is no charge, she doesn’t have a mutuelle. And when he does come he asks me if I have any need of his services, if I do he does what is needed and charges me the standard rate, which has gone up from the standard €25 now, but once he waved my money away and said ‘no need’.

Fran is on an ALD, so different rules. And if the doctor sees you at same time as Fran then it is very possible that he will only have charged up one consultation fee under Fran’s account.

I am designated by the state as an accident de vie so pay nothing plus we both worked and paid in thousands and thousands over the years in France.

1 Like

I’m sure you are not an accident! But sadly suffered one.

Thankyou, that was very sweet.