Remembrance: What colour Poppy for you? Le Bleuet de France

Er he went to Harrow, not Eton.

Actually roadsigns etc were all changed to German and it was fairly necessary to speak at least some German.

Argh just seen I’m a year late to this discussion!

1 Like

But still slightly ahead of the Americans re. WW2

2 Likes

Haha :grinning: I’m a cretin though.

It’s @Mat_Davies’ fault … :upside_down_face: he reopened it…:rofl: and I just followed his lead… :relaxed:

Yep guilty.

Same reply as last year.
Poppy Red for me & also Bluet when attending French remembrance ceremonies.

Did you omit “not” from that ?

Not clever enough to get into Eton.

Now I’'m confused as Boris managed get in :thinking: …a scholarship maybe? :wink:
:rofl:

How do you know it wasn’t their choice?

The uniformity would suggest not.

:rofl: Would you have felt better if one of them had it on upside down ??? :thinking:

That is the spirit. Just one at a jaunty angle!

It’s a no-win situation… imagine the outcry if someone reckons the poppy is not correctly placed… :zipper_mouth_face:

Best not to wear one at all then!
No-one actually needs to wear a poppy to prove that they have donated or that they remember the sacrifice of others.
The choice is for each individual to make.

Good grief… folk can surely do what they want. :zipper_mouth_face:

I was merely mentioning to Mat that are always some folk will criticise - no matter what one does.

Taking to extremes, none of us might think it worthwhile to get out of bed in the morning :upside_down_face: , lest someone criticise us for something…

agreed, exactly what I said…

We are possibly/probably on the same wavelength… but getting crossed wires.

I thought you were saying that it was better for folk not to wear poppies lest someone criticise the placement… :zipper_mouth_face: :rofl: