Remote access to home CCTV linked to 4G Box

I’m looking at how to install internet linked lights/heating/alarms with remote access from the UK but with no landline/ADSL,4G box internet does not come with a fixed public IP address, which I think must be a common problem? Any one found an affordable work-around?

2 Likes

Dyndns or similar dynamic DNS solution?

1 Like

We have a few bits n pieces which seem (touch wood) to work pretty smoothly with our 4G router set-up, remotely from the UK via Smart phone Apps.
A couple of Clever Dog cameras (internal), cheap n cheerful but pretty good and two ieGeek 360° Wireless Solar Security Cameras for outdoors. Also a couple of SONOFF WIFI Smart Plug power sockets for lighting (which I haven’t plugged in yet to be honest).
Nothing too expensive but all work adequately well, making us feel connected to our property whilst we’re back in the UK.

1 Like

I agree @billybutcher - we use the very reliable noip.com in preference to Dyndyns as it’s more flexible. There’s a cheap (possibly free? - can’t remember ) option if you aren’t too bothered about the format of your hostname. We paid for ours and bought several when we were operating our company so that it matched the company branding but it isn’t at all necessary. I can recommend them - easy to set up and use too… (and usually cheaper than trying to get a fixed IP address)

1 Like