Removal Companies

Dear All, with the helpful advice given to me so far and my intended move to France, does anyone have more recently 1st hand experience and /or recommendations of companies that remove/ store and then finally deliver to my forever home somewhere in South West France from the South of England?

If you do a search on here you will come up with this thread. Worth a phone call to Britannia for sure.

I’ve emailed them, then thought it would be worth asking everyone on here. Don’t really want just one quote.

Hopefully, someone else will come up with another company for you.

Best of luck.

We used,

Really good service but I’m sure there’s lots more out there.

I used GB Liners in Brighton to move here(if memory serves) & for sending stuff from UK to clients abroad, I used Hedley’s Humpers from Park Royal.

Hedleys Humpers, seriously!!! Can’t stop giggling. Thank you for recommendations.

Colin Batt, Ashford, Kent.
They packed up our house when we sold it. Then stored it all for 6 months before delivery to us in Aveyron.
They were not the cheapest and were not the most expensive. In fact, the whole cost was less than the more expensive quotes that did not cover storage.
Bear in mind that the legal process to buy a house on France is not fast, and is reluctant to be rushed. With summer holidays approaching too it would be wise to anticipate a later Acte de Vente …

Yep, seriously :slight_smile:
Suspect name, excellent service

Thank you for recommendation and heads up on time frame.

Alan Cook Removals (https://alancookremovals.co.uk) run a regular service to Spain, and will drop in France en route. Depending on how much you have to move load sharing can dramatically cut costs.

Jules

Hi
We have recently used 2 companies and would recommend them both:

Good luck with your move
Christine

Super, thank you…curious to know why 2 removals? Did West not deliver to France and just stored for you. Sorry to be nosey, but I am thinking of whether transporting my home contents into France and store until I find my forever home (I hope)….looking at the most cost effective way really. Jilly

Jon Davis at Safe Hands Haulage is highly recommended. http://safehandshaulage.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/jon.davis.161

Hi, we moved over in February and used Cranbury Removals who are based in Winchester. Although we didn’t use their storage facility, they were amazing. I was so stressed about the move but when they arrived on the day and we still had stuff that wasnot in boxes, they said that most people are the same. They were so relaxed about everything and put me at my ease. We had an unusual move as my husband took machines and tools from his workshop which was about 10 miles away so from us, but the price was the cheapest of the quotes we had. Good luck!

We used Cranbury Removals too and would recommend them. It’s a family firm so we felt we were getting personal service, and they seemed to care about getting things right. We had a lot of stuff to move, varying from house contents to garden furniture to light fittings. It filled two large lorries, but they got everything packed and moved from Watford to Tarn-et-Garonne with no messing around and less mishap than our previous move in the UK where we were going less than 20 miles.

Another vote for Cranbury’s, they moved us from Gloucester to the Charente Maritime last October, absolutely no problems, and nothing was too much trouble for the lovely team of guys we had.
They were also the cheapest of the 3 quotes we got, and the local GB Liners branch were £2k more!

Dear Andrea,

Wow big difference in price. Thank you for seconding this company. Will contact.

We used anglo european light haulage because we moved in multiple trips. Some from a two bed cottage, Sussex to Toulouse, some from my husband’s workshop, and some from storage in the UK (we gave them set of keys - we were already in France)
Highly recommended - lovely people, great prices.
x teresa
(also, i’d like to second the thought that it was the most stressful thing i’ve ever done - it makes me feel queasy just thinking about it now… and in the past i’ve had super crazy stressful jobs. a good, reliable, calm ‘can do’ removal company is really worth the money!)