Renewing a UK passport - Fantastic Service!

Hurrah !!!

Just had an email from Uk saying they’ve received my Passport… phew…
that’s one hurdle I’ve successfully jumped over… :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

Surprisingly… OH’s Passport hasn’t been delivered yet to the PP Offices … despite His and mine being posted from France on the same day… 14th November…

However, pleased to note it did arrive in the “country of its destination” last Wednesday… so that’s something… :wink: now let’s see how long it takes to get to Hemel Hempstead… :wink:

2 Likes

Post office recently fined around 6.5 million pounds for being crap. No wonder stamp prices are constantly rising.

With you - I wanted to go visit the parents in the UK for Xmas so sent my passport back over 6 weeks ago as it showed 3 weeks turnaround. 14 days for my a passport to arrive - 2 days tracking from France to UK, 12 days for Royal Mail to deliver it to the passport office. Now turnaround times are in the “we are very busy category - up to 3 months” :frowning:

Application history

Status Date
Documents received 6:02pm on 23 November 2023
Application received 12:05pm on 14 November 2023
Application submitted 12:04pm on 14 November 2023

Did you renew the passport in the UK or France? Sounds as though it was a renewal in the UK from what you’ve written so a bit confused as to relevance to this forum?

Welcome to the forum, @mviv :slightly_smiling_face:

To whom are you addressing your question, please?

The OP :slight_smile: Sorry to be unclear .

1 Like

Ah! A question for @GraemeL then…

Hi @mviv and welcome to the forum…

Brits in UK and Brits abroad… have been discussing delays etc… re getting new Passports… so info from wherever is interesting… :+1:

We are a friendly bunch … so perhaps you could tell us a little about yourself and whichever country you reside in…???

I’m still waiting to hear that OH’s Passport has finally arrived at Hemel Hempstead.
Got all excited today… this morning he had received an email from them… but it was only to remind him to send the old passport to them without delay… aaargh.

(Mind you… it does have the disclaimer “if you’ve already sent it blah blah blah… ignore this email” ) :rofl: :roll_eyes:

Hurrah… just had the email to say my Passport is being printed… !!!

(OH’s old passport is still floating somewhere in the GPO ether… hopefully it will land at Hemel Hempstead before Christmas… :wink: )

EDIT and just 3 hours later, another email saying my PP has not only been printed but is winging it’s way to me… :wink: :wink:

(OH is beginning to sulk… :roll_eyes: :rofl: )

Same here Stella.

Deposited passport La Poste on Saturday 18th Nov.
Confirmation of delivery by Parcel Force Wed 22nd.
Application approved and new passport printed Tue 28th

Ten calendar days or seven working days is pretty damned good!

Both our Passports went off on 14th November…
mine to Corby , received by them 23rd November :+1:

OH’s to Hemel Hempstead Passport Office, which seems to be difficult for the Postman to locate… :wink: unless that Office is so swamped with Applications that there are sacks of unchecked/unopened Mail… :frowning:

Mine went to Corby too, which I thought was the main one for overseas applications.

Why did his go to Hemel Hempstead?

Because that was their Instruction… :roll_eyes: first thing that morning…

My Application made several hours later… and by then their Instruction was Corby…

and, yes, both were to UK Passport Office, INT-DAP etc etc just to different towns

1 Like

Hmm… just had an SMS… to say my passport is due for delivery 1st December via DHL…

I’m hoping they’ll deliver it to my home… but the SMS give me a link which talks about me going to a Pickup… choice of 2 place and each is an hour’s drive away… which is out of the question at the moment.

I thought Passports were delivered to one’s home address… ???

Any thoughts out there in the ether… ???

( @NotALot was yours delivered to your home ??? )

1 Like

Yes, delivered to my home address and signature was required.

Luckily, they allowed Herself to sign for it as I was out all day.

Thanks for your reply. Just received a second SMS from DHL…

If you’re going to be out on the date of delivery… why not choose a Relais (whatever) close to where you live… hmmm.

As I won’t be going out for the next few days… I’ll certainly be able to be present and correct…

I won’t hold my breath, but I’m more hopeful now than I was earlier on.

Incidentally… OH’s Passport still hasn’t reached Hemel Hempstead :frowning:

It’s always a scam text! :slight_smile: joke

and serious - sorry Hemel Hempstead is unreachable, must be a bit stressful

Probably stuck going round and round that stupid roundabout :grin:

You’ll get a message about the return of your old one which will be sent back to you the same way.

1 Like