Residency Online Applications

Really appreciate this post, clear and simple, just what I need :blush::blush:
I have my 10 year CDS so it’s going to be easy for me thank goodness.
Many thanks to you all who share these important informations.
Much appreciated :clap::clap:

2 Likes

So it’s Monday, quieter than usual with the schools off for toussaint, I’ve just changed my adverts for the new Keno (fdj), bits and pieces installed in my tabac delivered La Dépêche and had my coffee in the bar en face, but what about the rest of you and the new site; how are you all getting on with it? Is it all up and running and as easy/simple as promissed?

The site went live at 08:30 and it all looks far, far easier than many had feared.

3 Likes

it is very similar to the old portal… and the information re documentation seems fully explained… despite fears that such info would not be available until later in the month…

2 Likes

@_Brian @Stella :+1: :+1: :+1:

What’s an attestation, please?

Did you have to upload any documents, current 10yr CdS ?

yes, we did have to upload docs… just like with this one…

the flowchart I have posted this morning is very clear…

1 Like

attestation = proof of something/statement/certificate/declaration :wink:

1 Like

Literally, a document that attests to a fact or situation :

• attestation de domicile : a written statement by a 3rd person (e.g. an electricity or energy supplier) that you do in fact live where you claim to be living ;
  • attestation d’emploi : a written statement by your employer that you are so employed, and usually mentioning the date you started and the type of employment contract
    etc, etc…
1 Like

@vanessa If I’ve understood you Vanessa, if you already have a 10 year CdS all you have to upload is a photograph of it. Very easy

Great, thanks. We scanned them in but it is a pdf rather than a jpeg. Hope that will be ok. We will try to do it later.

Not had a chance to look…got my head under some stairs

Really easy for those who already have a CdS. You only need to photo/scan the front of your CdS (which has your photo on it).
If you are not sure which is the right number for your CdS they show you in a diagram.
You have to fill in some basic info address / date of arrival in France / etc/ including your passport details.
The English pages are very easy to follow though there’s a strange translation of what I assume means street name and number (called channel for some reason)
You are shown a copy of everything you have filled in at the end.
They will send a confirmatory email.

3 Likes

Vannessa, a PDF is fine, this is from the site:

I need to photograph or scan the following documents, which are necessary in order to establish my residence permit
(Maximum size per document: 5 Mb – Authorized formats: pdf, jpg, jpeg, zip)

2 Likes

Thanks, Andrew. Or, as my old mum used to say, “When were you born and why?”

As I thought but didn’t want to be caught out by a lingo false friend or a very particular FR admin expression.

1 Like

Evening everyone, jumping in… this is a rather long thread, mind summing up what is the initial question and I’ll be glad to share my view on it?

Just want to say that I used the online system today to upgrade my CdS to a Residency Permit and also that of my American wife. The system worked well, was easy to follow, required little in the way of supporting documentation, was free of charge, and we received our confirmations of application by email a few hours later, together with an attestation of continuance of our right of residency.
All in all a hassle free experience with a system that works really well.

4 Likes

I did mine last night - took about 10 minutes, followed striaght on with hubby’s and his only took about 5 minutes.

My email was about 3 hours but weirdly dh’s (submitted no longer than 10 minutes later) took about 6 hours! It put it after midnight so I’m hoping it doesn’t make our appointments on different days!

Apparently if you’re in concubinage a mere attestation plus proof of vie commune suffices. So I think Gareth could possibly take that route if he’s living with his new GF or moves in fairly sharpish :slight_smile:

2 Likes