I'm planning to move to France late next year (2015) and I'm hoping to live there permanently. I'm very keen to hear from other Australians who have done the same.
I am particularly interested in people's experiences re:
1. Obtaining a long stay visa and carte de sejour
2. Obtaining health insurance
3. Opening a bank account in France
4. Regular transfer of funds from Australia to France
5. Long term renting
6. Buying a car and getting a French driver's licence
Any advice or assistance on any of these topics would be greatly appreciated.