Revenue Declarations 2019 (for 2018)

Another upsetting task for you Mandy…never seem to end do they ?

Thinking of you … xx

1 Like

Yes Ann, it was a bit of a shock to see the word veuve as I’ve not seen myself referred to as this before. I’ve had to tick the “widow” box a few times on forms in the UK, that took a few deep breaths. I still feel married :cry:

2 Likes

Well you are still married in your heart Mandy as your beloved husband will always be with you in your thoughts.
It’s horrible having to ‘tick a box’ but I suppose we all have to be’ labelled’ ! :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Are the Pink forms on line too (2047K)?

Yes…

Just done mine Stella and it seemed straightforward enough. I just had to add some income from GB with a short explanation on a separate page and that was that.

Thank you.

1 Like

You are still married Mandy

3 Likes

I emailed my local tax office(Confolens) as I do every year. They replied with the exchange of 1.122

Also, I received my tax forms by post. Quite surprised as I thought it was all on line this year.

If you’ve not gone on-line in previous years… you Local Office may have (kindly) thought that you would prefer to stay on Paper…

There are many folk who are unable to do the on-line Declaration, either due to lack of computer skills/language/eyesight etc etc and they can continue with their usual method of Declaration…

Strictly speaking… I think folk are supposed for forewarn/ask if they can continue with Paper… (something like that)

but if a Paper is sent and you want to use it… just get on and (in your head) thank them for being so kind… :hugs:

I still do the paper ones !

1 Like

Using the ECB rate as at 31st December 2018, the rate is 1.11794 which is what we will be using… remembering that you will round the result to 0 decimal places.

1 Like

Hello Graham, I go back through my bank statements online so its the transferred amounts each month.
I only use the rate for 2 small pensions

paid in to bank in Uk.

Hi Ian
Probably not a lot of difference then.
Next time you’re over, I’ll show you my spreadsheet which keeps count of it all.

REMINDER:

Deadline for paper returns is midnight 16 May 2019.

Worrying that I might have made an erreur in my on-line Declaration… I decided to visit the local Tax Office.

(not my first on-line, seemed straight-forward, but something was niggling me…)

Got there 5 minutes before opening… to find a large queue… :zipper_mouth_face: All nationalities… some re on-line and some re paper…

Long story short… after an orderly wait of just under 2 hours… I took up perhaps 90 seconds of the helpful lady’s time… and, much relieved, went to wake-up OH who had gone back to the car when he saw the queue…

If I had remembered my password… she would have made the correction herself… but she smilingly explained which “box” I should amend when I got back home… and that was that…

So… anyone going for help with on-line declaration… take your Password with you… :grin::upside_down_face: and it can be done… there and then…

Was the ‘mistake’ significant stella and how might it have affected your return?
Is it something we should all be careful of?

Well, for OH and I we only do a 2042 and the preprinted figures (from last year’s Declaration) were in 1AS and (whatever for me)…

Originally, I had corrected 1AS (and whatever)… and further into the site… a page came up telling me, I would be paying at 12% (What !!!)

I went back in and filled in more bits, as appropriate (or so I thought), saying it was UK pension etc etc… (haven’t had to do that for years…)2042C and later on 2047 (???)

much later… something flashed up saying I was Non-Resident…

At that point I nearly melted… but told myself that on-line had got it right for years and I was simply panicking… it will all be sorted… I told myself… and that was that…

However, when a friend asked me to accompany them to the Tax Office… and I couldn’t get past the phone messages… I decided to go down in person and find out times etc etc for myself… and just confirm that all was, indeed, well with my own Declaration.

The lady told me to empty 1AS (and whatever) plus any other boxes (
erase 2042C and 2047) and simply put this year’s figures in 1AM and 1BM… and she assured me everything would work out as usual…

I specifically mentioned the S1 covering our Health…and she again said… all will follow on as in previous years… don’t worry.

Other folk may well have to fill in 2042C and/or 2047… I have no idea…

That’s quite helpful, thanks.

But why no 2047?

1 Like