Revenue Declarations 2019 (for 2018)

I took a call from the local Tax Office some years ago… made me quake…silly me.

The simply asked if my income was always from the already declared source (pension source)… and when I said yes…they said, fair enough… you can stop doing the 2047 (save paper)… as I was doing Paper at the time… this carried over onto on-line… never a hiccup until this year…

Frankly… I would not suggest anyone “stops the 2047” except under guidance… from the Tax Folk…

1 Like

Hummmm - totally get the 1AM / 1BM on the 2042 - for foreign source pensions but, ‘technically’ (!) these must also be declared in section 1 (11) of the 2047 so that the foreign pension revenue can be identified as public or private.

Anyway Stella, I hope you got the name and inside leg measurement of the person that told you the 2047 wasn’t necessary - just in case you end up in the Bastille :smile:

1 Like

Ha ha… Simon… I used to declare (exactly as you say) for years… until they told me to ditch the extra paperwork… perhaps they “marked my file”… as it’s worked OK for years now…

I’ll be there again with friends in tow either Thursday or Friday… interesting to see if the crowd is bigger or smaller…

I was asked to make a RV, the problem … there is just a message saying the hours they can be contacted!
I called by yesterday, not a snowball in hells chance of seeing someone, the queue was halfway down the stairs because the waiting room was full !
They now don’t open until 9 am so I reckon I will have to get there at 8 am to stand a chance !

If you are used to taking a ticket on arrival… Don’t wait for someone to tell you to do it… make sure you do that as soon as they let you through the doors…

(where do you go??)

1 Like

La Châtre, you can’t even get to the waiting room !
I will try telephoning again tomorrow but may have to make an early start another day !

Need to be there well before they open… thankfully I had water with me… but I shall take something to nibble on as well next time…

Receptionist tried to sort folk… which meant that those who ignored her got to the ticket machine first… when I go again… I shall ignore her too :face_with_hand_over_mouth::hugs::upside_down_face:

1 Like

I actually have the name of the person who wants to see me, not much use when they won’t answer the 'phone. If I go ‘on spec’ she may not even be there!

I would go none-the-less… at the very least, it might help you to actually get an appointment with that person… later, if not on the day itself…

very annoying, I know… but worth a try… maybe… :wink:

1 Like

Arrived at the Centre des Impots this morning 8.15… 8 people ahead of us…

I went and got a ticket, following in the wake of 3 others, the rest waitied at Reception. Waving my ticket, I ushered my friend into Reception, showed the paperwork to the Receptionist, who told us to go down the corridor and “take a ticket”…:grin::grin:

My deviousness meant we were seen ahead of some of those already seated in the waiting room…

Whatever, my friend had all documents to hand and the Clerk was kindness itself… so we were out again into the sunshine after about 5 mins… promising to see her again next year… “if we are still here…:thinking::thinking:” was her reply…

1 Like

Just done it, I’m wondering if I’ve missed something as there was no separation of state and government pension income or need to put in an exchange rate, scary.

I sent my 2 forms by post from the UK on Wednesday. I’m hoping that gives sufficient time before the deadline.

I had to complete 1 form for me and hubby for the period before he died and 1 form for me for the period after that.

Unless anything else comes out of the woodwork, that’s the final bit of paperwork for my darling late hubby.

3 Likes

Hopefully the last bit of bureaucracy, but Stu still smiles at you and will always be by your side… :hugs:

4 Likes

What did you do last year… ???

Paper form last year, all the usual boxes that didn’t seem to be present on the online submission.

You are not alone in finding a great difference and/or having difficulty… I was talking with the Maire (a youngster of 60) and he is going back to paper despite doing on-line last year…

BUT anyone doing Paper must get their stuff done asap… the Deadline is approaching… any problems… take all your papers/figures down to the local Tax Office and ask them to help…

2 Likes

The boxes you are asked to complete are based on the form / revenue type selections you make at the start of your online declaration. You’re only presented with what you’ve asked for - i.e. unlike the paper form which includes absolutely everything whether you need it or not!

The first year I visited the local tax office to get the paper return…(I had been living here for 6 months)…I didn’t have a clue how to fill it in so visited several more times and possibly a little exasperated with my French an English speaker was called in to help…sorted…

Last year I received the paper return through the post…set up an online account but couldn’t get through it to sign…so…back to the local tax office with my whole situation written in both French and English…waited inline not for long though…5 minutes with the tax man who filled in the box and told me where to sign…sorted…

This year…having still not felt confident enough to go paperless…my paper return arrived in the post…I signed in online just to see if I could get through it this year knowing that if I couldn’t then I always have the option of jumping in the car and going to ask them in person…

I signed in…there was one box presented for me to fill in…(and one box about whether I still had a tv or not)…I filled in the one box presented…pressed ‘suivant’ expecting lots of further stuff but it just took me to a page to sign and submit…which I did…

So now I’m fretting about whether it’s okay or not…???

Because I have started my return online I have a little longer to alter it if I want to…there also seems to be an ‘oops site’ set up for people who need to correct an error…???

Just not sure whether to relax and trust that I got it right…or whether to call in to my local tax office again to make sure I did get it right…??? x :slight_smile:

Helen… go to the Office and double check with them… saves needless worry… :upside_down_face::thinking::hugs: but go early !!! and don’t forget to take your Password as well as all your bumpf…

All done, the impôts opened yesterday (exceptionally, and next Monday too) I was first in line, was shown into ‘the box’ and went through everything with the lady who is the replacement for my usual contact.
Had a few questions for her re Mum’s tax affairs, all answered in a sympathetic manner, what a relief !

3 Likes