Revenue Declarations 2019 (for 2018)

I’m so glad, Ann… another hurdle safely over… phew… hugs… :hugs:

Thanks Stella, managed to ‘hold up’ until I got back to the car …
Today is another day and I am going to help a friend with a garage/brocante clear out, it’s cold here so I am layered up with pullovers :cold_face::cold_face:
Hope that you have a good weekend and that its warmer where you are … :hugs:

1 Like

So far we have spent just over 7 hours over three days trying to make sense of the new online declarations. Gave up and emailed a request for a RDV with an English speaker at the local tax office. Day four and no RDV. What is the deadline? We Anglais are on thin ice anyway thanks to Brexit so we don’t want to give them any reason to dump us.

Richard… are you sure they will give you an appointment… our “telephone message chappie” wandered all through the bumpf… press 1 for this 2 for that… and then babbled about Rendezvous… I had to phone 3 times before I could make sense of his words…

What he was saying was…basically…

for an appointment (with a human being)…turn up during opening hours, take a ticket and wait in line…

Could this be similar to your place… I kept hearing Rendezvous… and that told me they would be making/offering appointments… but NO…

Happy you have got this sorted out, it must be a relief.

Sending supportive hugs your way. :hugs::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Look at post 18 above. Deadline for paper declarations is midnight 16 May.

Not sure about anything when it comes to paperwork in a foreign language but we assumed that since there is an email address posted we would ask. We got an automated reply saying (?) they would respond in due course. Nothing more.

I heard last year there were different dealines for paper and online.

See post 18 above.

1 Like

As we keep saying… for anyone who is unsure… go along in person… wait your turn and you will be seen…eventually. Get there early armed with all your bumpf… :relaxed::relaxed:

Correct Richard - it’s the same every year. This year it’s 4 deadlines- one for paper and 3 depending on your department - see post 18 above :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And, can I just add, that I got absolutely no help from a help-line that was mentioned in Connexions. Can’t even get the number to ring. Got no answers from an email address given out by Connexions either. BUT emailed the Messagerie sécurisée in Mon Espace Particulier and they responded within an hour. So I’ve just thanked them for their speed and asked them another question. Admittedly it has to be written in French but they seemed to understand me. Just thought it might help people that were struggling.

2 Likes

I hate that publication tbh.
They often get things wrong and serially ‘add weight’ or sensationalise articles in order to get people to buy a subscription.
Wouldn’t be surprised, given their current way of working - if they were on their way down the tubes like a few others have done in the past after getting people to part with their brass.
Been there, done that!

4 Likes

We’re a really mixed-bag on this forum… with a wealth of anecdotes … good and bad experiences… and I reckon we knock LC into a cocked-hat…but, that is only my opinion… others may disagree… :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello this is my first post, this is our 2nd month here.
From reading this I understand that i do not have to notify the tax office until next year of my situation, by which time I should be more fluent😊
I am afirst timer so paper is my way to go and presumably I collect this from our local office in Le Blanc. I have been told that I need to open a micro entrepreneur as I get paid from my husbands business in England, but I don’t really understand why, any light to be shed on this?
Sorry if this is not quite the reply to the original text.

Hi Maria an welcome to the forum!

Correct - you don’t need to complete a tax return until next Spring 2020, your first return will be a paper one (unless anything changes!) and the forms will be available at your local tax office for you to pick up - they won’t be sent to you. Your tax office will already know you’re on their patch due to your local taxes.

As for setting up as a micro-entrepreneur - that really does depend on your status regards your working activity, where it’s performed and your income. There are many different structures available (micro-entrepreneur being just one) - some pretty straightforward, some not so. It’s important to get the correct professional advice.

Best of luck in your new venture!

1 Like

Hello Maria and “welcome back” to the Forum… did you ever get the water sorted out back in 2014 ??

If you are only now, Resident… Yes, you will make your Declaration of Worldwide Income… here in France next May.

Are you being paid as an employee ??? or as a supplier ???

🙋
Yes the water is fine all done as is electricity and gas! Next move is. Fosse septic and internet connection for the children. More important to them than tax :rofl:
Anyway I am paid a wage not as a supplier. He is in the construction industry and I do paperwork and online stuff from here. Am also paid my directors cut, which is obviously taxable.

sounds like you have a lot on the go… good luck.

I’m sure someone will chime in with helpful info… re tax etc etc

1 Like

If you’re an employee of your husband’s business, the business needs to declare you to URSSAF as an employee living in France and start paying social contributions here for you. URSSAF has published a guide in English to explain what to do
https://www.urssaf.fr/portail/files/live/sites/urssaf/files/documents/5015-GuideCNFE-UK-2017.pdf

Especially with it being your husband’s business it’s important not to risk getting picked up for “salariat déguisé” or concealed employment, because France cracks down very hard on that and it is the employer who is sanctioned. Since your OH is in the construction industry I’m sure he will be familiar with the UK’s False Self-employment Legislation, and France applies similar policies across the board not just in construction. France’s main criteria for distinguishing between employment and self-employment is the “lien de subordination” or the “link of subordination”, so basically if you don’t have complete freedom to accept or refuse work and to decide where, when and how you will do it in order to deliver the agreed deliverables, and what fee you will charge for those deliverables, you are considered an employee. This article gives a good explanation Autoentrepreneur et lien de subordination, faux indépendant et salariat déguisé | Fédération des Auto-entrepreneurs

In practical terms - as a micro entrepreneur you need a separate bank account for your business earnings, and if the only money going into it is one regular payment from the same source, and no business expenses going out, then in the event of a contrôle it will immediately look like salarié déguisé rather than an independent business.

Going through the correct channels will be more expensive for the business but it will give you better social protection, and it will avoid the risk of eye-watering fines for the business.

2 Likes