Revolut app

I have not incurred a charge.

I normally send money from my UK banking app to my Revolut account using the sortcode/account number they provide. The money normally arrives instantly.

1 Like

As it did just now.
Brilliant service and so easy to follow through.

Revolut are changing their T&C’s from 12th August…

and

Hi,

I can see that you are knowledgable with Revolut… i would like to ask pls… i opend revolut and ended up using it to transfer for an amount loaned me from dubai… and ended revolut closed it since the person loaned me can’t provide the documents they’re asking… currently this account is already closed, do i need to declare this to france tax for the account open/closed policy?

sorry, i’m stupid when it comes to this.

thank you in advance.

Hi Mathis and welcome to SF
The conventional wisdom is that you should declare the account on form 3916 to the French tax authorities with your tax return - if only to err on the side of caution.
If the account isn’t used during 2021 and you can be certain of its status by then, I would declare it closed with your return in 2022 for 2021 income.

You mean, i need to declare this this year? or 2022? i opened it 2021 only… also i have transferwise, so i’m not sure what i need to do… since it’s a loan from a friend, due to pandemic, i sent money to my home country to help for bills and all…

ah! sorry, wasn’t clear from your post. If it was only opened this year (2021) then it doesn’t fall for declaration on the 3916 until 2022, of course. Similar with the Wise account if that was only opened in 2021.
Given the possibility of penalties and the simplicity of declaring the accounts on 3916 electronically, I would personally declare it being opened in 2021 and then closed in 2021 in the same declaration provided you are certain the account was closed - just to be safe.

thank you so much for your help… yes, cetain it’s closed… only open now is the transferwise, then transferwise needs to declarein 2022 right? i’m afraid that they dig deeper? because there’a transfer of money loaned to a friend… i mean if they will gonna ask for statement and all?

1 Like

if opened in 2021, then that is correct. Declare in 2022 (2021 income return).
You should keep bank statements in whatever form it is convenient to you to print off if requested sometime in the future. That can be in paper form or pdf (electronically) perhaps but you do need to keep records - it’s a legal requirement.
See this reference

1 Like

i wasn’t able to obtained for the revolut, their service is bad… i don’t have anything now… this is the reason why i’m afraid, if i need to declare it or not… because if i will declare, they might ask me for the documents and i don’t have anything to provide…

thank you so much for your inputs…

No problem Mathis.
Very doubtful they will ask for documents (although they could of course) but only likely if they select you for a contrôle.
If you never traded the account and there are no statements, then you can’t produce any! My guess is they would know that before even asking you since the usual maxim is “know the answer before you ask the question” in tax affairs :wink:

Actually, I would beg to differ… if the source of the funds could not be verified by your friend on request by Revolut, they acted in accordance with their obligations under the money laundering regulations over which they have no control.

i did not traded, i just use the account to received the money or for transfers… purchase… what i am afraid is the loan that was not also registered, only the agreement between me and my friend…

sorry, i’m so stupid with these things…

The only person likely to be subject to contrôle in that case may be your friend to explain the source of his funds in his jurisdiction (but you might be innocently caught up in any side investigation without knowing it) but to all intents and purposes, I wouldn’t worry unduly (unless of course you have some other knowledge of the source).

yes, right… thank you so much, highly appreciated…

1 Like