Right, I need help... in a good way

AFAIK that is correct. I think the P4 is indeed the form you fill in to close your existing business.
Until he submits the form, his own micro entreprise won’t be considered closed and therefore he won’t be able to register to work with you in yours.
Also, just to make sure you don’t get any more nasty surprises further down the line - I assume you are aware that cotisations will be due for him as a conjoint collaborateur; details here

( I think the options have changed recently).

In order to correct any misunderstandings - I am not suggesting that anyone “break the rules” be they Gendarmes etc or lowly folk like you and I.

Just sometimes, a good discussion with all concerned, can throw light from a different angle - it happens - and suddenly one can see a way through the mist.

Sounds as if Teresa’s situation was/is not such a simple one as perhaps it seemed at first glance.

Let’s hope it all gets sorted satisfactorily asap.

Good luck @Teresa_Ewart

thanks…

just to be clear I don’t expect the Gendarmes to turn a blind eye

they are lovely - i know them by name - in 3 towns!

i didn’t know i needed this paperwork - they were more than a bit sad when i told them how complicated it was

I’m trying to get it done PROPERLY

yep. i know there’s charges involved - & thanks Anna for your confirmation of the P4

down that road we go!

but… you’d cry wouldn’t you? if you knew how simple it would be to do this in ireland or canada or germany!?

Teresa

when you have your op - and are perhaps convalescing- will OH be able to run the stall for you ?? Might that ease the pain of fees/paperwork ?

Too right Stella!!!

2 Likes

Stella, I think the crux of the matter is as covered by URSSAF here
https://www.urssaf.fr/portail/home/independant/je-cree-mon-entreprise/la-protection-sociale-de-mon-con.html
and
https://www.urssaf.fr/portail/home/independant/je-cree-mon-entreprise/la-protection-sociale-de-mon-con/lentraide-familiale.html
Yes, France probably has the most restrictive labour laws of any EU country, but if you live here then it comes with the territory.