RIP Tina Turner

Just seen the very sad news that Tina Turner just died at 83

Very sad indeed finally left the city limits.
Amazing lady and a tough one with a big big voice.

2 Likes

Yes just saw the news… how sad…

That is the one song we opened the disco to when we operated it so we could show off the lighting rig. Surrey University, Black Prince pub ( now a holiday inn) and a large number of weddings and birthday parties. Long memories of Tina. Seen the musical 3 times.

1 Like

Her family said she succumbed to a long illness. She was truly a battler. A voice and a woman to be remembered. :hibiscus:

1 Like

She had intestinal cancer and a kidney replacement 2016 + 2017 so her health was declining and why she sadly stopped performing.
Fortunately we have her music. If you get a chance to see Tina the musical do go it is a fabulous show, simply the best.

1 Like

Wow, I just learned who originally recorded What’s Love Got To Do With It… and all I can say is :exploding_head:

I think we all agree on which version is better simply by we didnt know BF had done it.

Haha, indeed… but it’s a good random fact to remember in case it ever comes up as a pub quiz question (not that I’ve ever seen a pub quiz in France, mind you!)

1 Like

I saw her at Wembley Arena in the 1990’s. Amazing show.
May she RIP
Izzy x

1 Like

@John_Scully - of course given her relationship with Ike it might be best to find another example of her works to celebrate her life.

3 Likes

we can agree to differ… but I’d not seen Tina Turner and Nutbush… not even heard that song until recent years when contestants on The Voice/Xfactor/whatever… brought it to my attention.

Looking at it now and knowing her story… I don’t find it repugnant to see her performing on stage with her husband… I find it touches me deeply.

1 Like

True.

It was part of her journey, even with Ike’s demonic drug fueled side would she have had the life she did without that partnership. As a buddhist she accepted good and bad as part of life.

3 Likes

Saw her concerts in Paris when she was 50 and when she was 60…WOW!
Decided not to see her live again, wanted to keep the memory of her amazing energy.
RIP

1 Like