Royal photo withdrawn

Unbelievable storm in a teacup with so much going on in the world right now! I really can’t believe it’s all over the news! The news media really need to get their priorities right!!

2 Likes

Surely you don’t expect the British tabloids to report on anything that’s happening outside the UK anyway, even when there isn’t the possibility of an apparent royal mystery. They’ve been denied official photos of her for weeks and they’re hungry for any scraps

I am assuming that people are aware that this isn’t about a photoshopped picture? The woman hasn’t been seen in public since her mysterious surgery so the internet has done what the internet does and various conspiracy theories have popped up. The noise has been getting louder so this was likely something of a damage limitation exercise ‘all you who said Camilla had reached out her lizard tongue and eaten kate or such needn’t worry, here she is!’ which has now spectacularly backfired as there are people now suggesting that the whole photo is fake and her head has been taken from a magazine shoot a couple of years back. In trying to dampen the speculation they’ve poured an entire can of petrol on it as to some people not only has she not been seen, but they’re faking photos of her.

Still something that frankly no sensible person should give a hoot about but people do seem to take an interest in the royals as we see on here and it is yet again another masterclass in how not to do these things. It’s been 50 years, and probably hundreds of millions of pounds spent on marketing and PR and the royal family still is an absolute PR disaster.

3 Likes

Tabloid press and royal family: the latter are a reluctant partner in a symbiotic relationship. But each needs the other. While many of us need neither…

3 Likes

The theory doing the rounds is that the shot of Kate has been photoshopped in from the cover of Vogue.

I like this one a lot… :rofl:

‘whose in’ (sic)

Ironic that this thickie doesn’t appear to have mastered basic English!

1 Like

Also “fund’s”

And “Tommy Robinson” not Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mark4hitchin/status/1767110331245973638/mediaviewer

Didn’t take long…
:roll_eyes:

Perhaps you have forgotten that the King was looking into the future when he was a young man and everyone was laughing at him for his views on nature, farming and the natural world?

And his views (and influence) on contemporary architecture in Britain?! The ridiculous Poundbury neoclassical pastiche, but with lots of car , the 'spider’s web advisory notes to government, the various tax exemptions, the denial of security of tenure to his many tenants, travelling by Royal train etc, etc

There’s much greenwashing but it doesn’t hide the true picture of a very privileged, not really very bright dilettante. Small gene pool, big hereditary fortune and far too much secret influence.

Many still are…

And the morale of the story for the Royals is get a trusted photographer or two in to take a few family photos every once in a while to keep the media happy.

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

They’ve captured old Sausage Fingers to a T!

And whoever photoshopped those creases around the collar of his jacket has done an exceptionally good job. You’d swear that his clothes haven’t been within 20km of a valet…

3 Likes

Dear me, the resemblance (to JS) is uncanny - I’m never going to be able to unsee that.

3 Likes

Alarming news

No doubt, all the malicious trolls will be doing crazed backpedaling now

I certainly hope so, her voice was cracking during her speech.

1 Like

TBH if they’re detached enough from reality to post hate comments originally then this will just be conspiracy/lies to fool the public.