RSA - advice needed

Hi all

I am posting this on behalf of a fellow SFN er ( and should anyone else have any problems of a 'delicate' nature, please feel free to PM me and I will be more than happy to do the same)

This lady has no income and is currently receiving RSA.

She says "I would like to go AE as I have been offered a little job of 4 or 5 hours a week and would like to do everything above board."

So:

Has anyone any experience of doing this? Will it affect her benefits? How should she proceed?

All advice / ideas / input welcome please - thanks!

Errr I don't have chapter and verse on this but I do have experience of losing my RSA for 3 months unexpectedly because of a (very) small windfall last year.

The best way to find out how any earnings/income might affect a beneficiary is to run the simulation on the Caf.fr site to see how the numbers crunch. If you run the simulation with varying numbers, you'll find out where the breakpoint is for any specific individual's circumstances (which is why it's hard to give a definitive reply).

I suspect a "little" job would be more interesting being paid on CESU rather than going AE, with all that that entails.

hils