RSI letter

(Chrissie Ott) #1

I received a very official looking letter/form - a Bulletin d’adhésion - from RSI yesterday. Not from the RSI which is ‘régime social des indépendants’ but from a Paris-based organisation calling itself 'Repertoire des Sociétés et des Indépendants.

Some of the details of my business set-up are included on the form, others I am supposed to complete. And they want 652 euros!

Does anybody know anything about this? Is it a scam?

(Chrissie Ott) #2

Thank you everybody who has replied.
The letter has been well and truly crumpled up and binned.
I wish I could do the same with letters from the ‘real RSI’!

(Deborah Marsden) #3

Hi, yes it is definitely a scam, I received one yesterday, but I have had a lot of clients who have had these too. If you look on the back of the form you received, it says that it is not obligatory to send the money & if you do, you are paying for some sort of internet publication. Just bin it. I know a lot of ex-pats who have paid it because they didn’t/coudln’t read the French properly!

(Nancy Simons) #4

It’s a fake. I called the RSI to ask about it. They said just to bin it. Cheeky isn’t it? I bet they manage to trick lots of people… :frowning:

(Patrick Durand-Peyroles) #5

I confirm that’s a scam… Don’t pay anything to them and throw its letter directly to the trash.

(Chrissie Ott) #6

Duly binned! Didn’t spot the other thread… must log into SF more often!!

(George Nardell) #7

Yes its a scam ( already reported under another thread ) … just BIN IT !

(Chrissie Ott) #8

Yep, it certainly looks that way. A thread on a French marketing forum has a copy of the exact letter that I received:

http://www.forum-marketing.com/threads/67282-Arnaque-RSI-R%C3%A9pertoire-des-Soci%C3%A9t%C3%A9s-et-Ind%C3%A9pendants

I I was a bit thrown by the fact that they included my SIRET etc but I suppose that’s easy enough to find.

I wonder how many poor unsuspecting souls have sent off cheques?

(Chrissie Ott) #9

Oops, yes… I really must learn to read the small print!

(Ricky Myles) #10

Very much a scam. There have been various Tweets (and possibly other threads on SFN) warning of these RSI poseurs.

(Guillaume Barlet-Batada) #11

Dear Chrissie,

At the bottom of the front page you will notice small prints mentioning that the letter is a simple offer with no obligation.

Regards,