Rubbish Removal - Skip Hire

Is there anything like skip hire in France, our building work is almost complete but we have a lot of rubbish to get rid of and we are not keen on the builders idea of digging a big hole and dumping on our land and its a bit too much for our van and the local tip. Any suggestions?

Hi,
I’m in the process of looking for a skip and this is what I have found in my area, Rodez, Aveyron (12): our local company will bring a skip to our place leave it for a few days and come back to pick it up for a fee of 110€. Then, they charge 15€ per ton if your rubbish is “clean”, I think that means it’s all the same e.g. plaster boards or 98€ per ton if it’s mixed up (yes the figure is right, there is a lucrative market for sorting out recycling out there!). All prices are before tax of course and it is the same for a small or big skip (the most common size being 15m³ = 5.50m x 2.30 meter).
Hope you will find this information useful, at the very least, you’ll have a basis to compare.
All the best,
Muriel

Try putting in Lourdoueix St Michel, 36140 - it should get you there and as its a small village you will see the signs for the Sceriie on the road in.

Yes and yes! The biggest timber yard near us is at Lourdoueix St Michel - we buy wood there regularly. Is it for the fires or for building work? Good dry wood for shelves etc is hard to come by and expensive… Good luck with everything :slight_smile:

You could ask your Marie - they sometimes arrange for it to be taken away I believe.
ps We’re near Aigurande so you’re not far from us.

What kind of rubbish is it? Anything that could contaminate the ground should be recycled, but if it’s inert I can’t really see a problem with burying it if there is no other reasonable option.

Skip hire is easy to come by where I live, they are a different shape in France but the outcome is the same. Maybe they are more expensive though.

A friend of mine, Bruno who is also a member works for a company that uses skip hire and disposal frequently. He’s not very active on here but if you haven’t found a solution yet I’ll ask him for his advice if you like?

Thanks

Jaes

I have much the same problem as as far as I can see and chatting to more established friends in France the answer seems to skip whats that, the bury idea or use it for a patio base seems to be way forward,sorry not much help i know but if you do locate a skip hire i think many may use it

It took me quite a while to discover the word for skip …it appears to be une benne. it wasnt listed on my favourite technical dictionary site see our discussion “builders language” too…

http://www.granddictionnaire.com/btml/fra/r_motclef/index1024_1.asp

so anyway, if you search for them using this term you should come up with something. What area are you in?