S1 and Carte Vitale

yes…an unnoticed faux pas…I’ll have to deal with that !
good news on the S1 renewal; a process I think I’ll be in for the next 15 years !

really helpful to get your timeline too; and the info on CV updating to suit new S1…
my ‘Read’ French is getting much better; so I use translation less and less now…its just the replies and writing that trip me up each time…ill get there…I often find the ‘Vino greases the Lingo’

thanks all…

bien sur!

As we each retired, we handed in the new S1 and the new CV’s came automatically… for a while OH was piggy-backed onto my S1… but his situation changed on retirement and he certainly got a new CV…
this was many years ago and things might have changed…
@larkswood12

Pushing the CV in the scanner brings everything “up to date” and needs to be done once a year… a friend told me… “they like to know we’re still alive, Stella…”
at least that’s what I thought she said… :rofl:

1 Like

Patience, patience….like fine wine never hurry French bureaucracy.

When we swapped from paid for healthcare to being based on an S1 we kept the same card, just updated them in the pharmacy.

1 Like

As I had only received the temporary Social Security Number alongside the International Acceptance Letter from the CPAM, I called them today to ask at what interval I should expect to receive the form to complete and attach photo to send off for Carte Vitale.

CPAM checked the records and said they’d sent it.
I explained all that had been in the envelope was the above.

So CPAM said they will send a form for me to attach a photo and complete and send off for a Carte Vitale. (I am not sure if this means I will also receive a delayed one they might have sent previously, or if the implication was that they expected it to be alongside the Temporary Social Security Number in the envelope I received, as had been indicated at my visit to CPAM… and I couldn’t see any point asking for clarification on this (in other words don’t ask a fonctionnaire to admit any mistake :slight_smile: )

I also mentioned I had been told I could already sign up for ameli. But asked would I need a 4 digit code. CPAM confirmed to do this I will need a 4 digit code kindly said they would SMS it to me. They verified last 4 digits of my bank acct number, in order to do this.

I mentioned I’d seen on a forum someone else in the Lot received the same, and asked should they also call CPAM. The answer was yes “but he has to do it himself” :slight_smile:

So it seems a polite enquiry as to in what interval one might receive something, is the best way, rather than saying “I didn’t receive”… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve checked our current CVs and note that the “date of issue” on each is during the year in which each of us reached Retirement…

so I’m content to know that I’m not losing the plot … we did/have had more than the one CV issued to each of us… over the years…