Samsung Smart TV with vertical grey shadow

Urban myth surely (funny though).

1 Like

well, it was the US IIRC…

More stories of questionable veracity

1 Like

I am not joking here. Actually, I have been suffering from this issue since last week, so I need help, for that reason I posted the thread here. Why everybody is joking with this?

Why are you assuming?

If anyone does not want to help, then its okay. But not creating a joke like that. Otherwise I will compel to remove from this forum.

Sorry Timothy, no-one is trying to be unhelpful - but maybe you caught @corona at a moment when he felt a jocular reply was appropriate. It happens to us all.

With the caveat that no-one here is a TV engineer, though some of us might have hobby interests that tend in that direction, intermittent faults can be hard to diagnose.

How old/what model is the TV and have you checked all the leads are firmly plugged in?

1 Like

Sorry - not meant to upset. Hope you now get some sensible suggestions. Sadly in our case we finished up buying a new TV - hope that’s not your outcome.

1 Like

No no its okay.

Its my Samsung AU8000. I checked all connections and there is no issue. Perhaps there is a technical issue that is causing the problem.

Full model No and year would be useful.

You said it is “turning black”.

When this happens does the sound continue or is the set completely dead

Is there any sign of life - if you point the remote at the set does the LED (normally lower left corner) on the set flash to confirm the signal has been received.

Does this happen on all inputs or just one?

I had similar problem all I had to do was disable sleep timer in settings.

3 Likes

Its my Class AU8000 Crystal UHD Smart TV and I have been using this for almost one year.

No, I am not getting any sound while the TV goes black.

Thank you @digitracker for sharing this here. I am trying to solve the issue.

If it is only one year old it is under warranty surely?

So the answer becomes “get the retailer/Samsung to sort it out”.

But the “AU” might signify a 2008 set (the rest of the model No would give us the technology & screen sice - AU just says a 2008 set with a digital TV tuner - but that doesn’t gel with it being a UHD (4k) set, hence asking for the *full* model No and year).

the question is whether it is new or second hand… at the moment it seems second hand and may be well out of support from Samsung as the legal relationship between the original purchaser and current owner has been broken.

Hopefully Timothy will confirm - looking at what the bits of a Samsung model No mean “A” is supposed to be 2008 and the U would be a DVB tuner *but* I’ve seen AU or BU on 2022 model numbers so it might be a new set & under warranty (if it is both new and 2nd hand to Timothy there is a chance Samsung will honour the warranty). Especially as it was stated to be a UHD set and there weren’t any of those in 2008.

Hence asking for the details.

By the way is it Timmothy as per your user name or the more usual spelling with one “m”? Or “Tim”?

Uffff, I understood what the cause of this issue. Its actually the power saving mode was enabled which I know after getting this article. So due to this reason, the problem occurred. Anyway, after turning off the power saving mode, the problem got solved. Now all the channels are opening perfectly till now. I do not know whether it might be any issue later.

2 Likes

Excellent, glad to hear that you have sorted the problem.

2 Likes

Love this forum. Thanks guys. A good thing to bear in mind for all of us who are complete numpties when it comes to technology.
@TimmothyCarter Glad you persevered and sorry if we didn’t take you seriously. We’ve all (well most of us I suspect) learnt something.

1 Like

So I wasn’t far off then! The rest of the posts were about finding out how not to turn it off. Most sets have a 3 hour auto shut off (standby) setting.

2 Likes