Sanofi and vaccine

If you mean obscenely large pay cheques, bonuses, and share options Jane then I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I think you’ll find that dividends are paid uniformly to all shareholders.

Many of whom are pension funds both private and public.

We are one of them, via our SIP and Assurance Vie, but paying dividends when investment is called for is not really in the interests of shareholders in the long term. Short termism is the cause of much of the present financial ills.
I eventually inherited shares in both Nat West, (Bank of Scotland) and and M & S. I waited over 50 years for them and whilst they were premium stocks when my Dad bought them, Unfortunately, I cannot say the same now.
There is becoming more of an outcry over remuneration paid to CEO’s and golden hellos and handshakes etc. and quite rightly so. Pay should be related to results and also the legal responsibilities inherent in such a position.

1 Like

It is not possible to make a Vaccine that is safe for a coronavirus. Scientists have tried for many years for Ebola without success. Vaccines take years, at least 5 from start to going public, before they are safe. Professor Dr Delores Cahill, (https://people.ucd.ie/dolores.cahill ) an eminent bio scientist, virologist and immunologist states it’s impossible to make a vaccine.
She says a healthy diet, with vitamin C,D and zinc will help boost immune system and those over 75 or at risk should take hydroxychloroquine.
Here’s a YouTube video with her explanation. https://youtu.be/U9ti6isM-NY

1 Like

This is a very dangerous and misleading post. I suggest admins do something about it quickly

4 Likes

I think it is a little early to be making such a gloomy prediction for Covid-19 … :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

At the moment we are being advised to be cautious and take precautions: masks, distancing - hygiene … isolation where appropriate… and it might be unwise to do anything less … :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

How is this dangerous? I’ve quoted a eminent scientist a professor in her field. It’s for discussion or debate. This is purely information from an expert. If you think it’s wrong or misleading then quote/ cite your sources like a grown up.

It’s not my “prediction “ it’s what Professor Dr Delores Cahill has said.

Beg pardon… but you DID say… first line of your Post…

and I thought Covid-19 was a coronavirus… :frowning: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :zipper_mouth_face:

Ebola is not a Coronavirus, what do the supplements do,prevent C19 help a sufferer fight it what? Over 70 s are at risk and hydroxychloroqine has not been proved to have any effect and indeed could be dangerous

2 Likes

All socalled emminent scientists have quoted at various times and got it wrong. The most famous one has got all his quotes mile from the reality so i would be very cautious about re-quoting. They cant even all talk on the same page.

1 Like

As Eddie has said Ebola is not a coronavirus so comparing them is incorrect. Also you have to have been living under a stone to not know that hydroxychloroquine can be fatal if taken by people who have a viral infection.
And there’s no need to be rude.

2 Likes

That the scientist who has her posts taken down from you tube and Facebook ,and who is involved in some conspiracy theory then?

1 Like

She also has a large amount of commercial interest in diagnostics. Owns a diagnostic company in Germany. Nuff said.

2 Likes

Yes, Sars Cov 2 ( Covid 19) is a coronavirus, so if Dr Dolores Cahill is correct and her CV is impressive, then it’s impossible to make a SAFE vaccine, not impossible to make a vaccine.

1 Like

Donna if you simply wish us to discuss a particular scientist’s views… then why not say that in the first place…

My reply to your first line… still stands good… you said it and it was a gloomy prediction… :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

You quoted Ebola which is Apples and Oranges to Coronaviruses

I do get a picture of people,and I am not just referencing Donna here, going through hundreds of articles until they find the one that agrees with how they feel,and they will eventually they will .

Ebola is virus that as yet, no safe vaccine has been achieved. I think this was her point. Perhaps you can cite sources with regards to Hydroxychloroquine not being safe? It’s a drug that been around for years.
https://creakyjoints.org/living-with-arthritis/coronavirus/treatments/hydroxychloroquine-shortage-coronavirus-impact-lupus-rheumatoid-arthritis/ Dr Cahill said that Drs have found those elderly patients taking hydroxychloroquine recovered from Covid 19 than those that were not taking the drug.

I Could say the same for you, but I have researched the subject, my ‘view’ or not as I’ve searched Education and information is better than trusting and government at the moment!