Sanofi and vaccine

Of course Hydroxychloroquine is a safe drug ,when used for what it is meant for and in doses that are known to be therapeutic and safe. There are clinical trials going on in the UK right now supervised and properly run. The issue is if people start self medicating

Sorry,but you donā€™t know my background or what research I have done. I did say the comment wasnā€™t specifically aimed at you

[quote=ā€œDonna_Mickleburgh, post:39, topic:30040ā€]
Dr Cahill said that Drs have found those elderly patients taking hydroxychloroquine recovered from Covid 19 than those that were not taking the drug
I suspect that the number of elderly patients taking Hydroxychloroquine is not really that high compared to the general population so that is little more than anecdotal

2 Likes

I think itā€™s a prescription only drug is it not?

I think you said ā€œnot just referencing Donna hereā€ like wise you donā€™t know my background or researched Iā€™ve done but at least Iā€™m actually quoting someone and links to her CV and a YouTube video for you to watch and therefore make your own mind up.
Iā€™m not asking anyone to agree with her findings but to be informed and not be blindly led by those that may have their purse strings at heart rather than the greater good.

Might have been best if you had worded your original post a little clearerā€¦ Donnaā€¦

However, now we know that you want to discuss/debateā€¦ and, hopefully, everyone can do so in a cheerful and light-hearted mannerā€¦ :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

quite possibly, folk here on the forum are better informed than you might give them credit forā€¦ and working for the greater good at the moment appears to be wearing masks, distancing, hygiene and isolating as appropriateā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Who is in control of global messaging and censorshipā€¦???

That doesnā€™t mean that there are not ways of getting hold of it

1 Like

Iā€™ve made up my mind after watching that video. There are at least 3 things she says that are incorrect or unproven.
She says that social distancing does not work when it clearly does if you look at graphs from around the world that shows a steep decline in new cases when such measures were put in place.
Hydroxychloroquine - itā€™s effectiveness is unproven, she can not say it works because she doesnā€™t know it does. There are studies ongoing and some initial findings are that it helps and others suggest it is, at best, ineffective and at worse dangerous. We will have to wait and see what the science says. She is a scientist so she should know that.
She said that as she has had Covid-19 she will be immune for life. She doesnā€™t know that yet. Nobody knows that yet. That is a false statement.
As a result of the above I donā€™t trust anything else that she says.
Izzy x

2 Likes

Covid-19 vaccine technologies and their implications:

Dolores Cahill is the Chairperson of the Irish Freedom Party. A right wing, eurosceptic party that believes immigration is the cause of the housing crisis and other problems, campaigns for Ireland to leave the EU and denies that climate change is caused by humankind.
She has views similar to Trump. Nuff said.
Izzy x

5 Likes

We all know your viewpoint regarding vaccination for children Helen, but it is now vitally important for the economic welfare of the whole world that we find a vaccine, not just for children but for the working population and the elderly population.
I was wondering when you would pop up.

1 Like

yeah right - heā€™s rich therefore by definition he is evil? I really get tired of this rubbish. There is no way people can give money to good causes without first creating it! Fairly basic logic? Yes pick your targets to those who do bugger all to help anybody - and there are plenty to choose from - Trump to the remaining Koch for starters.
Whichever way you look at it the Gates Foundation DOES provide heaps of money to good causes - far, far more than you or I could ever do.
So letā€™s slag off someone who at least is trying to do some good in this world?
There are plenty who donā€™t - Rees-Smugg, Murdoch et al, so select your targets more carefully if you expect your views to gain any traction.

3 Likes

Bill Gates v an ā€˜anti-vaxxā€™ group, who to trust?

2 Likes

Proper science based on research and evidence.

1 Like
3 Likes

It is pretty old news that chloroquine and its derivatives often have some very nasty side effects, even over 30 years ago we weighed up the various antimalarials available and avoided it. I think it is very irresponsible of people who should really know better to stir up a great hoo-ha about it.

3 Likes

Sssh! Donā€™t tell Trump!!

1 Like