Sarah Sanders: God wanted Trump to be president

Yes. And the confessional is also a control thing to enable priests to find out in secret what’s going on in their village.

2 Likes

Yes they are. Years ago I listened to a program about religious sects (=starter religions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ).
They mention a university study where pretty much in chapter I they teach how to keep and distance your ‘flock’ from the ’ others’ .

Example: if you are criticised with arguments you cannot defend, say to your flock: ‘see, THEY don’t understand us’ .
We people are so easily manipulated, sigh. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Sounds like Leave.EU

2 Likes

I was brought up C of E and eventually found the Quakers.

Everyone who is searching is welcome and the books in the library were so eclectic.

1 Like

My partner was baptised Catholic, he really hates the Catholic doctrine and never baptised his children, he believes that they should make up their own mind. Adults now not one of them have chosen to be baptised.
I am always a bit suspicious about what goes on behind that closed curtain, especially in light of the scandals involving certain priests and children!

1 Like

I always think the Quakers is the way religion should be. Benign and unforced.

It s such a good place to be. Cirencester is a silent Meeting which takes a bit of getting used to, but it is amazing when everyone comes together in what they call a gathered Meeting.

People are recognising the benefit of silence and discovering internal peace. No need for anyone trying to come between you and God as you find her.

1 Like