Scam Adverts on Survive France

It is disappointing to see scam adverts appear on this site. For example the adverts for Voltex. Is it possible to get them removed?

@james

What’s Voltex?

There was an “energy saving device” of that name - the idea is that you plug it into a spare outlet and it magically saves you on your electricity bill.

They don’t work, if they contain anything it is a capacitor wired between neutral & phase and is supposed to provide power factor connection.

The probably have no effect on the power factor of a domestic installation and certainly no useful effect on your electricity bill.

Eg similar to this:

1 Like

Or this French sales site: https://www.voltex.fr/

The ads on SF are served by Google Ads, they are targetted to users too, not specific to SF.

They are removed for subscribers, but that doesn’t change what Google are showing you elsewhere on the internet.

@James
I’m going to blame my memory loss on Covid as I’m pretty sure I was a subscriber at some point, but how do we subscribe?? #yesiamanumpty :rofl::woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Tip jar at the top.

1 Like

Thanks @Griffin36, I wasn’t sure if it was a one off thing or a monthly subscription.

Impressive green light though.

1 Like

High tech snake oil.

I never notice the adverts anyway. :slightly_smiling_face: :wink:

Me neither, I have them on

I have Adblock plus enabled so I haven’'t seen said advert.