Scam and Fraud against family economy in France

Hi. 11042023 I was in touch with this site https://agricomateriel.com/, after some hours of chatting I ordered my Husqvarna TC 138M lawnmover. The Order No.5060was passed onApril 11, 2023. The day after my bank is online because I am going to transfer apr 1800Euro to this companys bank, which they could not say anything against. After they have got the money they do not answer any chat, mails, or telephone calls. I waited in 2 days and then made a report to the Danish and French police. The company owner wrote this message to the French police: “Good morning I am Laurent Touzot the agrico materiel site is a usurping site, it is the subject of a plain deposit from me to the gendarmerie of ile de noirmoutier (france)”
I do not get any response to my requirement or any sign of any item is going to be sold to me. We have being call the company, writing and searching them, no answer is coming anymore.
What I see here is a criminal band is using French address, French site, French banking system and is rubbing people around the world in a very gentle way which is not to say has not very infiltrated connection with some terrorist groups.
My need is to get support to raise a voice that make the authoritries make seriose case of it. If this bank specifically tells it: SOFIANE EL GHARBI IBAN: FR76 2183 3000 0100 0153 3242 189 BIC: PRNSFRP1, so there should be a person behind it and lives in France.

Welcome to the forum.

Sadly, there are so many, many scams doing the rounds
 it is often difficult, if not impossible, to differentiate between the good guys and the bad

Thanks for your warning
 and fingers-crossed you do get some of your money back
 if the police are successful.

1 Like

Sadly these scams will only get worse and more sophisticated. To be honest if I was buying an item for that money I would visit local sources in person and see the product and compare prices, the internet is not always the cheapest when there are real businesses out there trying to sell. Hope the OP gets somewhere with this but I doubt he will ever see his money or lawnmower now sadly.

Sadly you have been scammed. Most likely the telephone number was corrupted and you weren’t talking to the company, but the scammers. Hopefully the French police will investigate,

Some banks will repay money that is taken fraudulently. Have you asked your bank?

I agree I should some responsibility, however I had the special department of my bank to approve the shopping. I mean its to dangours that a French registered company dare to suck a whole 1 month salary of a family’s netto incomst, and still the authorities watching and do not do any act. Let say this fraud company has 2 faces, one to EU-law and the other its connections to illegal corrupted bank affair in Algieri, Morocco, and you name it, other country where SOFIANE EL GHARBI IBAN: FR76 2183 3000 0100 0153 3242 189 BIC: PRNSFRP1 has his bank account. There should be a special department like CIA or FBI which be interested to contact the powers in those countries. I am not able to force any action in that degree but if our voices is high trough media, there may be a reaction from them. Do you know any contact in France which is of benefit to take, please tell me.

This is where you can report the crime

I have made the report to Danish police, French police and FBI fraud and scam department, however it seams this specific “El Gharbi” family has many bank, internet and smugglings activities but no one will reach them. The names they use is many and at least 9 companies with different bank connection is registered by Sofian, Sofonia, Sofiane, Sofinn
with El Ghari, or ElGharbi og Elgharbi in the end. It seams they are well-protected in France. The youtube and Facebook documents are revieweing said the authorities but can not arrest any one.

In cases like this I’d always advise people to pay using a credit card which offers some protection for your money.

1 Like

Check on quechoisir.org. Apparently banks do have to refund fraudulent transactions in more cases than they think and in recent months quechoisir.org published an article about a significant victory reinforcing this.

There are a couple of websites that can help check validity of specific sites re scamming. On top I also always check with trustpilot which normally gives a good indication of the company’s legitimacy.

Meanwhile, still having some interesting experiences in the Leboncoin jungle. Met some very nice people and also had contact with some very dubious chatacters! Also managed to identify a few scam ads, which stand out like a sore thumb, with very attractive prices far below market value, and normally advertised by folks not advertising any other items. Reported to leboncoin and refreshingly the ads have been blocked/removed :+1:

3 Likes

And earlier today, I received a notification from leboncoin for a back up battery that had just been posted. Interested, I took a look, and couldn’t believe the price! Probably about 60% of the ‘normally expected’ cost.

So, thought I’d see how far I could go with the person ‘Charly’. I sent a message to ask if it was still available. Yes was the response. Ok so here we go I thought. There wasn’t the option for delivery so I asked if it could be sent with Mondial Relay. The person responded with, yes I can deliver, but how much do you want to pay for delivery. So I responded that, if he included Mondial Relay as an option on the ad, the delivery charge would be added automatically, and then i could pay. Well, they weren’t having it. They sent me a photo of a QR code on what looked like a leboncoin webpage. I said I couldn’t scan on my phone, and that it was really simple to just update the ad. The person started to try to press me to scan and pay. They said that when I scan the QR code it will automatically show delivery options and I could pay the advertised 370 euro and they would include the delivery charge. So I persisted on saying I couldn’t scan, and they persisted on asking me to scan.

So, I thought I’d see just how ruthless these people are. I said I would be willing to increase the cost to 600 euros versus the advertised 370 euros, as I needed a back up battery urgently for my sons dialysis machine as we had a power outage yesterday and he nearly died. So again I asked the person to update the ad to include Mondial Relay. At this point, the person then asked me to send a screenshot of my email and telephone number to be able to make a payment. I then said I was computer illiterate and didn’t know how to screenshot, and bid them farewell. And yes, believe it or not, they continued to persist.

Yet another example of the brutal heartless folks out there ready to fleece absolutely anyone! Below is the ad, to just show how innocent they can look - as you can see they even give a reason for selling.

I will give it an hour then report it to leboncoin and see how long it takes from them to remove it.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/materiel_medical/2333111188.htm

2 Likes