Scam- crit air!

Crit'Air :

Nos agents ont constaté que votre véhicule n’était pas muni de la vignette règlementaire Crit’Air 2022
veuillez la récupérer sous peine de contravention dans les prochaines 48 h
sur le lien ci-joint :

https://critair-support.fr

Undoubtably.

1 Like

UN SITE PLUS VRAI QUE NATURE

L’arnaque est très simple. Au début, vous recevez un SMS avec comme contenu :

“Nos agents ont constaté que vous n’étiez pas muni de la vignette réglementaire, veuillez la récupérer via : https://critair-circulation.fr ».

Le lien présent dans le SMS peut faire croire qu’il s’agit d’une démarche officielle. Et bien non ! Il s’agit bien d’une arnaque.

Si vous cliquez sur le lien , vous tomberez ainsi sur un site officiel de l’Etat refait à l’identique. Arrière-plan blanc, logo officiel “République française” ainsi que les différents textes de loi vis-à-vis de la vignette Crit’Air.

and you can read the whole article here…

As the “printview” link allows us to read…
the Official Crit’Air Site never sends sms messages…

this scam sends you to the site which appears to be kosher, with the panel saying you need an updated disc… DO NOT click on “commander”… run in the opposite directiion !!!

THIS IS A SCAM TO GET BANK DETAILS ETC !!!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a classic redirection scam.

The correct domain for all crit air emails is : @certificat-air.gouv.fr

1 Like

Actually read about this scam this morning in a car magazine in my dentist’s waiting room :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My crit Air stickers arrived today. (they are quite big compared to a CT badge)

Where on the windscreen should they be put? I have then for a LHD and RHD cars.

hang onto 'em while we get the link back again… I know this has been discussed and sorted elsewhere…

The sticker is always sited so it can be read on the righthand side of the road (regardless of where the steering wheel is…) so its inside— looking out… on the rhside as you sit in the car…

so check the paper it came with…
you might find this “short” video easier to follow…

if not… here’s the whole whammy…

@Mat_Davies follow instructions for a car… and take care… it’s sticky.

1 Like

In the bottom corner of the windscreen on the right side when you’re sitting inside the car.

edited to add: Whoops, sorry, @Stella I spent ages before I posted the above and in the interim you’d already given a much better reply than mine…

1 Like

do be careful separating the sticker from the paper… watch the short video…

They are now both fitted.

1 Like

Not only a scam in France but the UK too to be aware of if travelling…

1 Like

It wasn’t crit air or any other motoring related scam, but I’ve just come off the phone from speaking to someone in the UK who was scammed out of £600 today by someone who was selling something on facebook. She was obviously very very upset and felt extremely violated, and just could not believe that she fell for it. She’s an amazingly trusting person, seeing positives in everyone, so this really has been a major body blow for her, as you can imagine. It does truly sadden me to think there are such nasty people out there, but it’s a very strong reminder that we all need to be so vigil these days. One of the sad downsides of the web and social media.

1 Like

are you able to share the basics of the scam?

I don’t have a facebook account, so don’t know how the market place works, but basically this person advertised a multitude of household goods saying that they were moving abroad and couldn’t store all of their belongings so were selling most of them before moving into temporary accommodation before moving abroad. There was a photo of an elderly couple with what looked like a grandaughter sitting on one of their knees, which I guess is to try to build trust and credibility. It was in a wealthy area of the country and the ad included all sorts of household items from sit on mowers through to large tv’s. The goods were advertised as being in the nearby town. My friend was purchasing one of the tv’s and a laptop. The seller asked if the goods could be paid for by transferring funds into the bank account and then they’d pop round and deliver in the afternoon. My friend tried to transfer to the bank account provided but it didn’t work, so the seller then asked to send money via paypal and to use friends and family to avoid the transfer fees. And that’s where these criminals are smart, as there is no protection and recourse through paypal if you do that. The goods never arrived and the facebook profile disappeared. My friend felt totally violated, as you can imagine. They have now reported the scam to the police and they said they receive hundreds of calls per day reporting similar scams. How do these people live with themselves! I’d love to meet the scammer(s) in a dark little corner somewhere !

1 Like

I’m now really confused. I’ve had a PM from both Stella and Graham just quoting my first post :frowning:

Pardon ???

Oh know, really odd! Hand on I’ll get a picture

Have the scammers got onto the site somehow because I posted the text???