Scams, Chronopost and more scams

Just got this email… yes, I know they come around every so often… but when you are actually expecting a delivery, it is hard to resist.
Anyway… I googled before zapping… and YES… it is a Scam…

So…watch out, watch out… there are scammers about.. :roll_eyes:

“”"Bonjour, Je suis Maud Herkent: Responsable Chronopost.

Je vous informe que vous avez un colis au bureau de poste.

Vous disposez d’un délai de 48 heures pour récupérer votre colis, sinon il sera retourné à l’expéditeur.

Veuillez confirmer l’envoi du colis à votre domicile en suivant les instructions ci-dessous:

(1) Appeler le Numéro de notre service clients : 08 99 63 09 50, Et appuyer sur la touche (4)

(2) Recevoir le code de confirmation par téléphone.

(3) Envoyer le code de confirmation à l’adresse e-mail suivante: colis-chronopost@bitrix24.com

Vous avez 4 minutes pour envoyer le code."""

Nous vous remercions d’avoir choisi Chronopost.

Cordialement, Le Service Client Chronopost

1 Like

Every time the number is dialled… it costs… and the longer the wait (listening to the recorded messages etc etc) the more it costs…

INFORMATIONS CONCERNANT LE 0899630950

Tarification: 3€ / appel + prix appel

Description du service: Edition de contenus automatisée, délivrés par un automate

I had this earlier in the year - looks quite plausible if you are not that good at French or have never received a parcel via Chronopost.

I’m not sure what the normal arrangements are if you are not in but the suggested method of confirming delivery (why would La Poste not do that when you picked the package up) looked odd so my 6th sense made me check - and of course it is a scam.

Makes you realise how vulnerable you are if not fluent and familiar with the normal way of doing things (not that this is specifically targeted at any particular group and I wouldn’t be surprised if a few French fell for it).

Hi Paul…

If you are Out, you should find an official note in the letterbox telling you where and when you can collect your stuff or (in some instances) when the delivery will be re-attempted.

These dratted emails come flying in thick and fast and look, more and more, like the real thing. It’s a matter of odds… the more they send out, the more chances of folk taking the bait… and earning them money (the baddies that is :anguished:).

and, of course… you should never use the email address that they suggest… :imp:

My French really is not good enough to translate properly without help…but gleaned enough from my O level stuff ( yes it was that long ago)…

Some of these are quite clever in their emulation and timing…

Some i have had, in the not too distant past…
reputed to be from “Paypal” and “Amazon”. They are NOT. They can say things like your order xxxxx has been cancelled; or delivery details are… obviously do not click on any links within said emails.

I think one of the motives, is to panic the reader, as they think…BUT i haven’t ordered anything, so they click the link to “log in”.

If in doubt go to the website of you own accord in a new browser window, log in and check.
Paypal and Amazon and a lot of others, have an email address you can forward the Phishing emails to.

If in doubt call them …from the number on their correct websites, and explain.

Absolutely Glenn…

A PayPal email was talking about our recently changed Bank Card…and we were invited to click on the link to do the necessary confirmations etc etc.

Now this email was OK… it was “for-real” but PayPal had the good sense to add " if you prefer, you may log into your PayPal personal space, by your usual method and continue with the confirmation" (well, all French, but that was the gist)… so we binned the email and logged-on in our usual fashion and did the necessary…phew…