Seafarer seeking help/advice. Little family is planning to move to French Alps

How intuitively clever you are to know that purple is my favourite colour, Anna!

Although the colour fades with exposure to the sun, here’s a representation (a mere daub) of me in my purple walking-out bonnet. Use it freely in any use you make of my plaudits, they are just a trifle!

https://images.app.goo.gl/iWMLJ8NdYgwxVusP7

Thanks Chris!

This is very usefull I am going to read it… Maybe few questions (If you don’t mind)

Would you know where I could get any contact to any of them?

Yeah I have heard that. Would be possible to register the AE with multiple proffesions? Lets say I would do some cleaning/moving stuff sometimes when I am home? some kind of activity which would create bit income…

One more question : Any idea ( Roughly) I would be paying To URSAFF/Taxes?

ANYWAY THANKS A LOT!!!

https://www.autoentrepreneur.urssaf.fr/portail/accueil/une-question/questions-frequentes.html
" Je relève du régime spécial des marins (Enim)

Non , le statut de l’auto-entrepreneur est incompatible avec le rattachement au régime spécial des marins (Enim)."

Sorry.
Hopefully there is a route along these lines, but micro entrepreneur isn"t it.

However, there’s nothing to stop you registering as a micro entrepreneur for a different activity for the months when you’re at home. Maybe there is mileage in that…
You would need advice on how to deal with your income from the ship.

Thanks Anna,

may I ask how do you know all of this??? :slight_smile: I am impresed!

Don’t be impressed - I don’t know all this :wink: I just know some websites to look at. That’s because I quite regularly need to check out the background to these sorts of things as part of my work, to make sure (a) I’m translating the source text correctly and (b) if the source text isn’t correct or is misleading, I have to flag it up to the client.

An small update:
I have checked with employer and they would not contribute to the Enim. So i am seeking other options…

So i have checked with Cz tax/ social/ health authorithies and for them since the company is outside of EU is not problem. Meaning I could pay taxes, social and health in Cz.

My question is then would be possible to do this and register in France where I would spend less then183 days/ year? I know by the rights of Eu citizen i maybe could, if i proof that I have enough resources to dont be dependent on social system
Of France… but my biggest is issue is my wife as a non eu citizen ( but family member of Eu citizen) could she register with me? I read somewhere if i proof we have enough resources and health insurance… not really sure. I have checked and there are some companies which provide health insuranxe for expats in France ( that i would pay in addition to my czech insurance so we dont have
Problems in any case)…

I am bit lost in all of this bit sad about my employer…

Anyway any thougts?