Second hand car wanted

Hello everyone. As you know we are returning to France in only 17 days :smile:

We are in need of a second hand car. It will be quite urgent as we are not returning with any vehicle. We are looking for a small car, along the lines of Clio, 107, 207, C2, Aygo… 5 doors, clim, boite manuelle, essence par preference, kms about 100 000 to 120 000. Budget is small 5 000 to 5 500 euros.

Sorry this is in a mix of French and English but I’ve been trying to contact car dealers and am starting to mix up my languages now.

Anybody have something for sale? Or know of a decent garagiste in the Le Dorat/Bellac/Montmorillon/Limoges area please?

Thank you

Garage Bujon in Adriers and Montmorillon are very helpful.

Good luck for your return!

Edited to add:
Their website makes them look bigger and more upmarket than they are. It’s a good old fashioned garage with a forecourt full of cars for sale that are no longer in the first flush of youth…

I bought my car,selecting from lacentrale The filters are comprehensive and you can also get the car delivered as an option, which I did.

1 Like

I’d strongly advise that you avoid private sellers and only buy from a registered dealer, as you get far more protection in the event of anything going wrong with the vehicle after the purchase.

3 Likes

Hi digitracker

And… was it ok, as described, etc.?

Yes,it was great, I have had it a year last month and not had a bit of bother with it, it had a years warranty as well. Have done 12000kms since getting it and been back to uk with it twice, so am very pleased. The garages on lacentral are all professional garages unlike leboncoin where you takes your chances with the boys from the hood. I was only charges €100 for home delivery as well,as it was 2hours away from me and I had sold my UK van by then. You should also follow up on @_Brian’s recommendation as well, he is well revered on here,and his recommendation wouldn’t have been made lightly.

Aaah, you guys… :blush:

2 Likes

Well, have taken the plunge and bought a car on La Centrale. Being delivered two days after we arrive back home in France. Fingers crossed it all works out ok. If it does us good for 6 months it will have been cheaper than a hire car anyway

5 Likes

Got the car, as described albeit it a week later than stated for delivery. Paperwork is good, history is good, we are insured… so up and running! We at last have our lovely little runaround which should get us from A to B and back again for what we need to do

6 Likes

Two very useful links though I hope I never have to use them! We’ve always bought our cars from private individuals in the uk. We always checked the cars history on the DVLA site and this was enough to whittle down the choice of cars to a few which we could then view. I know this is much more difficult in France but even if I had to buy a car from a dealer I would still like to check it’s history. Is there any way of doing this in France