Secure temporary Wi-Fi access

is there an informatique (computer) shop near you? They often have someone experienced enough to assist eith such matters…

Good idea. I think there is :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for explaining the dual SIM though :blush:

1 Like

Hi Maura.

You’ll need a solid mobile signal at home first of all to use wi fi hotspot on your phone.

If it’s dropping, try moving around the place (upstairs if possible) and see if you get more signal bars on your phone. Two bars should be enough. I currently have a phone on a window ledge, which is the only place I can get a decent signal.

If you can do that, you can hotspot off the phone. Instructions online.

Regarding public wi fi, best to use a VPN on your phone or computer. I use a thing called HotSpot shield, but there are loads. They don’t cost much.

Pete

2 Likes

May also be helpful to identify where your mast is located… signals and thick stone walls don’t sit well together.
You may find this site useful accordingly and position your phone on the side facing the mast…

Thank you for the advice.:blush:

An update - turns out it was the automatic network that was causing the problem. Now sorted thank goodness! :blush:

Bonjour, I also have a travel work laptop and usually just utilize a Wifi network or public hotspot available, but sometimes when working and using certain private accounts it’s best to have a backup. I was thinking of purchasing a small router and then pay a small fee for security app or VPN, no?