Seduced by La Séduction

I may have mentioned once or twice before of my liking for a glass or two of rosé, especially on hot summer evenings sat outside in the garden – of which there are many! At a recent local producers’ fair we spotted the stand of M Vilneau our preferred Vin de Pays Charantais producer. Once or twice a year we visit him to buy his Rosé Délectable and his Red Merlot Authentique. We said bonjour to his wife and noticed he was now doing a very pale rosé called La Séduction as well as Le Délectable. Madamme offered us a taste (it would have been very rude to refuse) and so we supped and compared. La Séduction seduced me! Money was exchanged for bottles and we returned home with an urgency to get at least one bottle chilled to accompany our evening meal of roast pork. It didn’t disappoint.

I am hoping to enjoy many more ‘Séductions’ on the terrace before summer is over!

For those of you in Poitou-Charentes M Vilneau can be found at Rue Saint Vincent, Le Breuil, 16140 Verdille prices from 3€ a bottle.

www.frenchvillagediaries.com