Seeking plumber in Bordeaux

Hello all! I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong area.

I tried doing a members search using services offered "plumbing" keyword, and all that came up were a few members that lived quite far. So, thought I'd post here. We live in Bordeaux, and the quote received from a local plumber was through the roof expensive. Obviously I'm not looking to receive something for nothing, I just thought I'd see if anyone on here was looking for some extra work and may be willing to offer a price thats less exponential.

Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction? Thank you so much!

Erica in Bordeaux

Hi Do you actually live in Bordeaux?

I live an hour South of the city so the people I know here might not be interested - it depends on the amount of work.

Plumbers are famous for their high quotes, especially if you sound English. Get several quotes, make sure you specify clearly what you want done (and not done), ask for an itemised quote (they don't like it but it's a safer option for you).

You can look on the official list of "artisans" registered at the Chambre of Commerce in Bordeaux - search for Plombier http://www.cm-bordeaux.fr/LArtisanat/AnnuairedesartisansdeGironde/tabid/1841/Default.aspx

If I have more details, I'll contact you again

Evelyne