Selling my Moped - who do I need to inform?

I have a French 50cc moped with French plates that I have agreed to sell to a friend who resides full-time in an adjacent Department, and being a Polish incomer he’s as clueless as I am.

As it’s a different Dep’t, clearly the number plate needs removing, (are they linked to the owner and always need to be removed regardless??).

What else am I legally required to do - who needs to be informed, and how? This being France, presumably there’s some paperwork involved somewhere?

Additionally, are there any recommended good practices that I should observe, I’m thinking of Bills of Sale and what they should state?

Cheers

Jim

Fill out the forms on the France Titres website. Get a code to give to the new owner who has a month to register it
Number plate stays with the bike, department number is irrelevant unless it’s an old style registration.

Cheers Mark.

I can’t find anything specific to mopeds, but I’ve found this for “vehicles”:

There’s loads of useful info on here already about selling vehicles (a moped is treated the same as a car)

I thought there was now an app that made the whole process simpler. From memory, was it @John_Scully that posted the details???

Simplimmat, la nouvelle application mobile qui simplifie les démarches lors de la vente et l’achat d’un véhicule
d’occasion.

I have’t got around to using it yet. Will do May though.

1 Like

I did initially wonder, but thought it naive to just assume that a moped would be treated as a car.