Selling Puppies/SIREN number

And search for local facebook sale groups - that way your ad won’t be rejected for lack of a SIREN number. You can post in multiple groups at the same time once you have joined the groups and it is actually a much better way to sell things these days than LBC.

1 Like

Gently, but firmly aimed at the widest possible audience…

I would ask that all pet owners get their animals “seen to” by the Vet…if they have no intention to breed from then.

This will avoid unwanted pregnancies and the distress and sadness that so often accompanies the resulting offspring…
One of the main reasons that Selling has become strictly controlled by Law… with horrendous fines for those who do not conform.

2 Likes

OK, the form to fill in for a siren can be downloaded here
https://www.ventechienschatspourlesparticuliers.fr/comment-avoir-un-siren/
and if you really are set on trying to do this this, it’s the Chambre d’Agriculture that you will need to liaise with. Make sure you understand what obligations you’re committing yourself to, see further down page. Since it’s your neighbour that is the breeder, he should be doing this not you, all very dodgy since what you would be trying to do could be construed as helping him to sidestep the law. Personally I wouldn’t try to be clever since as Stella says the fines are eyewatering, up to 7,500€ I believe.
I think you would do better to cut your losses, recoup what you can by doing as Catharine suggests and write the rest off as a lesson learned.

I think you would probably be far better off just giving them away, and asking for a “donation” to cover your costs, and lesson learned.
Your neighbour isn’t silly, is he?:fearful:

Tried that. Advert initially accepted but removed next day.

Thanks anyway

Thanks Anna. Jackpot X

Tried that. Advert removed after 24hrs.

All my dogs for 30 years have been rescue dogs. As many as 5 at one time but always at least 2. Mainly females and sterilised.

The neighbour’s 2 however are pure race Coton de Tulear. He’s stubborn and 87 years old.

I don’t do it for him. I do it for the dogs.

The law was brought in “for the dogs”, because a lot of stubborn people who were onto a nice little earner with puppy farming on the cheap in unsuitable conditions refused to stop doing it unless they were forced to… If your neighbour’s facilities aren’t up to standard, you’re not helping the dogs by conniving to let him keep doing it. If they are, encourage him to register. Sorry, but being 87 and stubborn doesn’t give him the right to do whatever he likes.

1 Like

In my neck of the woods, 87 is not a great age… our lot seem to make it to at least 99… amazing zest for living…out in all weathers, working the land by hand etc etc… wonderful stuff.

We are hoping to learn the secret of their eternal youth, while we learn the language…:wink:

Anna your help was perfect. XXXX He doesn’t bread dogs. He bought a girlfriend for his dog. They had beautiful puppies. He used to take his dog with him for years but after a stroke, he was strongly recommended to leave him, then both, now 7 with me.

He’s a silly old man but he’s my friend.

1 Like