Sending a box to France

Evening all,
My French friend wants to send a box of clothes and other personal items to France following her stay in England. It will save her carrying everything on a long journey. Any ideas welcome please on the best courier service to use. The box is expected to be 50cm x 50cm x 50 cm.
Thanks
Izzy x

The safest is actually to use royal mail, my sister has sent me bits and pieces without getting done for courrier charges this end. May not be the cheapest on the face of it, but if you fill in the CN23 carefully (gift books, under €25) should arrive without VAT, customs duty and courrier fees.

Or maybe second hand clothes?

Using parcel monkey might get you a cheaper quote, but if it falls into the hands of DPD then may well get a bill before delivery.

2 Likes

Thanks Jane. Will look into that.
Izzy x

Try Parcel2Go - then preferably select the UPS 2-3 day option.

1 Like

CN22 if the value is under 425€, less detail required.

4 Likes

Yes, senior moment!

1 Like

HAPPY POST give quite a few cheap options …

1 Like

Do you know how it went? I’m looking to send a box of secondhand clothes back to France from the UK (again so i don’t have to carry them) but don’t want to pay a massive customs bill… Thanks.

They used Royal Mail in the end as it was just simpler. Not the cheapest as I recall but the box arrived safely.
Izzy x

Thank you !