Sending Parcel to UK

Went to La Poste to send small parcel to UK, knowing we now needed a form, clerk said they had to be down loaded over Internet, I can’t find them.
Does anyone have the link or a PDF to mail me via SF?
Thanks

I think it’s a form CN23 you need. It’s on the La Poste website here - but it is very well hidden!

2 Likes

And here’s explanation of what to do

https://www.laposte.fr/tout-savoir-sur-les-declarations-douanieres#colis

On the first screen you normally click no.

2 Likes

I’m just about to go out and buy some of those “document included” transparent wallets to stick the 2 copies of the form in. As Jane suggests, putting “no” on the first screen makes things a lot simpler. I got in a right knot after clicking “yes” :smiley:

Weirdly the form is in about 5 different places on the laposte site, and some versions produce the barcode at the end and some produce the form to print out.

I always use this link as it always seems to give the barcode, which I can then get my postmaster in the village to sort out when I take the parcel in.
https://cn23.laposte.fr/#/

Thanks to all for help, think I’ve done it ok…present to daughter expecting first baby so Mrs Strudball now happy bunny!
Two observations…if you use Google auto translate it might not be possible to get the destination country field to work (so just disable for this field), and the form automatically printed to A4 which was too big, so went into paper size on printer setting and used A5…printed OK.

So interesting to see if it gets there OK and how long.
…oh …the joys of Brexit, a (Xmas time ) present that keeps on giving that won’t affect 99% of leave voters…grump grump

1 Like

Just so. The woman who said she voted leave “Because Swansea has been having a hard time” will have been blissfully oblivious to everything that has happened since.

I got a note from a pal in Spain yesterday. The guy he works for, with small building projects, is going to have to vacate the premises on/before 31st March - his 90 days will be up. So Jon’s income stream will go down instanter.

As he says, there’ll be ‘a rat-run’ of those whose 90 day clock started ticking on 1st Jan. They won’t be allowed back till 1st July. I would guess there are a great many more of those in ES than FR. Living under the radar in ES, especially on the costas, was easy.

The woman at the post office gives them to me…whoops should I have bought them?

But why don’t under the radar people just fess up and become properly resident, or go back to UK and get long stay visas for 99€? (Except probably not quite yet as travel back is banned for visitors).

When I last posted a parcel, they put my form in a wallet but I thought I could do it all myself without bothering them if I had a stash - however, my trip to the post office just now was abortive as there were none for sale. They’ve clearly got them all under the counter :rofl:

I would imagine Jane because they want to live on the cheap, earn cash and contribute nothing to the country they have chosen to live in.

But that was then. And this is now. And the world has changed so they are now risking more than a recommendation to go back to the UK…

Great info here folks thanks. Any tips on sending parcels to the UK cheaply? Postage fees costing me more than the items I’m sending. Really don’t want to have to order this year’s Christmas for UK-based family on Amazon.co.uk. All ideas on reasonable postage for items large and small gratefully accepted.

I have used these people before:

Just beware the price quoted may not be the final price.

If postage costs are too high/complicated/whatever…

Just wondering if one member of the family in UK (or a friend) could do the buying in UK… on your behalf. You send the money and they spend it as per your instructions.

I recall that Aunts used to send Dad money to buy us kids whatever was needed/wanted.

1 Like

For grand daughter’s birthday this year we phoned up a bookshop local to her, discussed what might be suitable, and bought them over the phone. Nice shop owners gift wrapped them and sent them for us for cost of the Uk postage!

The most popular christmas present last year was a escape game type puzzle which the whole family we sent it to loved. They got an intriguing packet in the post with a backstory and full of clues that they had to solve. Once solved they could access a message and find out who sent it. Apparently they all got involved and had a great time….

https://post-a-puzzle.com/

No need for Amazon!!

(I think I actually used these people last year,….

Puzzle Post UK | Products | notonthehighstreet.com )

5 Likes

Thanks Jane - What a super idea I have friends who would love this at Christmas. And I love the fact that you know stuff like this. :grin:

3 Likes

Love the idea of post a puzzle. Thank you for sharing such a great idea :smiley:

I love giving presents, and enjoy the process of finding things that the person will enjoy!

3 Likes