Sending passport / documents by Chronopost to UK

Dear all

I’m sending my expired UK passport for renewal, having completed the online process and paid the fee.

The passport office suggests using tracked / signed service, so trying to do that using La Poste / Chronopost online.

1. Entered dimensions, etc, identified contents as Documents, and entered both mine and the passport office addresses.
  2. I’ve not entered a value
  3. Next stage asks for a facture for my merchandise – but I’ve already said Documents.
    Do I just ignore this and go on to the next step - booking the collection or handing it in?
    Don’t really want my passport to go AWOL!
    TIA
    Ken

I put no value and just handed it in at the Poste. The good news is the turnaround is very quick.

I did all mine and my pension papers by International Registered post at the postoffice here. Normally LRAR but this is for the UK which is now International being out of the EU. All arrived safely and receipts back. There was no disclosure of contents and would probably be cheaper than chronopost. A4 sized envelope too

1 Like

I just went to my branch of La poste when I sent some cheques to my uk bank for adding to my account, International Registered, I had no problems and I was in the poste office less than 5 mins.

1 Like

Dear all
Thanks for your help. We booked Colissimo [La Poste] at €16 and printed out the paperwork – label and customs declaration – which Gill [MrsW] took into the local branch of La Poste. A helpful agent provided the stickon ‘pochettes’ for the paperwork, and fingers crossed my old passport is now somewhere en route to Corby.

1 Like

Why Corby?

Yes strange because mine had to go to Durham but maybe the OP is not applying as an overseas resident and Corby is the handling office for UK residents.

I completed the online application and the system told me to send the old passport to Corby. I don’t know any more than that!

Ken