Sete and Agde, Languedoc

Try the little port of Marseillan - very lovely and peaceful out of season, busy and vibrant in July/August, it's on the etang de thau.

Food for thought?

Here's one of the many non profit sites I do for the region.... The Naked City

Yes, Amy,

great region with an abundance of grape varieties, my favourite was ( I don't dwink now-a-days ) Fitou, West of Cap, still only 2e a bottle and once you've rinsed your palette with a Chateauneuf-du-Pape...you can't tell the difference..in fact after glass 2 you can't anyway, after glass three you don't care.

Wine and chocolate, you can live on it...you'd get rickets, but but you'd have a smile on your face and black teeth.

We have a Muscat Vine our garden, it is rampant...and bears tons of free crisp sweet fruit ( the eating sort )...so treading is a non starter... like to keep my socks on anyway.

Depending on where you are the wine is cheaper than the water and the diesel...can be confusing if you are a Tractor driver who drinks, but that is a rarity as you know. Santé

We love the wine, esp. the reds, from that area. There is a natural red from Maury that is made to be drunk with dark chocolate - sublime!

A couple of links:

FaceBook

Cap D'agde

Naturist

Languedoc really is a lovely area and I would love to buy a property in the Agde area in the future. Lomg walks on the beach in the summer, stunning weather and such as relaxed pace of life. The people painting sounds like fun Ron.

My ears are burning! But looking forward to a nice glow on the 21st of July. We visit my sister every year and I fly down several times a year. Last time Michelles' husband took me to Cannes for the day, a tiring trip but lovely, always nice to 'drop' it into the conversation at work! They are very lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.

That may well be your sister Michelle, but that makes her my sister-in-law! IN LAW!

Anyroad, in the Art world, it's commonplace to paint people in the nude, and should it get chilly, I can always put a top on.

That's my Sister in the red top! we've just been to visit her in England.

We're back!

Hello John, I do love the region and it's so varied, here's a slideshow

Hi, I have submitted hundreds of Photos of the Languedoc to SFN, most sadly lost in a HD crash a little while ago...7 years worth!....The good thing is that it's all still here ( the area ) and so are some of the pics on SFN's severs ! Big thanks to them. This really is one of the best spots in err anywhere.

;-)

no don't know blablabla but will have a look - thanks

oops, Andrew, i'm on the wrong boat!

You must know about Blablablah? it's a brilliant FREE Anglo French publication, on the Languedoc written and published by volunteers. See their Club.

ha ha Ron, you'd have a job having a party on her, she's only a little 6.3m yacht...![](upload://3YqKZymtW4PogDyfC1sSvDKcukv.jpg)

@ andrew....err I actually moved into your boat last month....but she's quite safe and sound..after the parties and all.

Have to agree, well, I live in Cap D'Agde 2 beaches down from the Naturiste complex. Fact I was there today, blogging on the terrace of JohnnyWokkers bar where I 'gig' in the Summer. The whole region is still an undiscovered paradise, an hour and a quarter to the Spanish border, skiing, three quarters to the city of Montpellier. As you venture North you come across the likes of Pézenas, St Thibery and the Haute Languedoc. It is so ideally placed, cheaper than Provence, and benefits from 300 days of sunshine a year. I have a boat-load of Blog and Website links if anyone is interested.

yes, don't tell everyone, my boat's between them and I don't want the traffic to get any worse in the summer!

I love this part of France having spent many memorable holidays there. My brother had a holiday villa at Cap d`Agde and it was a good base to tour around that area and pop over to Spain and visit Barcelona. I also loved the naturist resort and it`s really worth a visit. Sete is a beautiful town and well worth a visit. Agde is a very interesting old town. You can also take a trip up the Midi Canal. The restaurants in that area I have found excellent, especially for the sea food specialities. Then of course the wine is very cheap and plentiful in that area! I would say an ideal destination for a holiday of variety and interest.