SF lunch in Bordeaux - postponed 2020 - maybe 2024?

Are the restauarants not closed currently

Those virtual meals never seem to satisfy.

Who knows things may be different very soon
Who would go to Bordeaux for a SF lunch

My wife and I would love to if we were in the country. Travel from the UK isn’t looking very promising for some months sadly. I’m hoping things may improve for the autumn.

We would love it too! Just a question of travel from Normandie and finding somewhere for a night or two, but who knows when any of this is going to be possible? We sooooo miss our restaurants… :cry:

Bet that you, like me, didn’t think it would be September 2021. We’ve still my daughter’s wedding penciled in for September, having postponed from last December. At this stage even that’s looking tricky.

1 Like

We had a wedding here in the commune last year, in between confinements…

Numbers were restricted but it was a lovely day… the christening following the wedding… as is so often the way here. :wink:

1 Like

So many of my ancestors (agricultural labourers) followed that tradition too :smiley:

1 Like

Makes financial sense… one big party… :hugs:

We were the same, we had the coolest wedding, Friday night at the mairie, aperos in the newly renovated (in stone etc - gorgeous) salle de fete we’d hired for the weekend directly across from our house. Cost us 10 euros in electricity! Then everyone out for a lovely dinner at a restaurant. Saturday it was in the church, our wedding then Josh’s christening, followed by our reception back in the salles de fete. Then on the Sunday another big party for Josh again in the salle de fetes! It was a 3 day blast!

2 Likes

Were you married during covid ??

for the wedding here… everyone had to be masked and distanced…

Sounds absolutely brilliant @toryroo :smiley:

No will be 20 years this September! It was more the christening included I was referring to!

2 Likes

It was and we had such good feedback, particularly as dh’s French family had come from Seine et Marne, folk from the UK and Oz so a one evening thing would have been a bit disappointing.

1 Like

Ah yes… in normal times… weddings take days to prepare and enjoy… hic… and days to recover from… hic

Better that, than the birth… :grin:
Though the French do like a “spectacle.”

3 Likes

Sounds divine :grinning:

My wife and I are definitely interested - we just need to get to France this Saturday!

The original thread was from last year - a meet up meal would be good fun but obviously it is going to be a while.

1 Like

where will you be,close to Bordeaux