SFN Hall of Fame

Depends if her full name is Catherine or Katherine, I guess. She spells it with a C doesn't she?

Just spotted Peggy Lee who always gave me fever.

Terry I thought of that one too, but I hesitated with the Kate to Catherine link. What do you think, should it go up there as future 21st century Queen of England?

It's true Bruce. I started it as a bit of fun after seeing a few famous names on here ansd then I thought, if you're going to do it, do it properly, so must admit internet has been thoroughly scoured today.

Most of the ones I posted I knew anyway, but I had to confirm some of them.

Catherine Wales -- it can't be can it?

It puts it all into perspective though, when you type into Google your name, or someone elses, only to find that you are not the only one on the planet with that name, and thst there are another 200 with the same monika!

I like it Carol. Do you have any of the comic books yourself? It's very Angoulemesque

I was Carol Day...before wedded bliss...and she was a famous comic strip...ran from mid 1950s to around 1967, my headmaster used to delight in Carol Day bringing him coffee in the morning...and would snigger for ages...

http://carol-day.com/

Sorry Brian, missed that one. Shall we give Elaine her rightful place on the leaderboard?

I think we should.

The problem with my namesakes is none of them know their proper email addresses, so I get all their correspondence. There's one particularly sad specimen who started off married, went to an AA conference (for a whole weekend in a hotel, I bet that worked), lost his job, moved out into a 1 room flat, moved town (1000miles away), got a job as a fireman!, lost that job (I got the warning emails), moved again, all the while pursued by the bank and a succession of DVD rental companies. I worked out his proper email address after a while, told him what it was, but to little avail.

You are too Chrissie we'll have you up on the board.

Lynne - would love to, but it has to be an SFN member name.

Ian Smith OK that's good enough for us.

Have also noted a Bob Wilson - wasn't he an England goalie?

I am Christine Marshall The Olympic swimmer :)

Watch this space. The British Embassy is taking up a case which I have also been fighting for all British retirees in France. Local if not world wide recognition should follow if the French at last realise that they are interpreting an EU. Regulation differently from the UK and the Commission.

Precious James. To think I started the day by confessing to your truly beloved the webs had got on top of me and I was going to get the vacuum cleaner. Which I did. Had I already seen this article, I may well have sat down with our spiders, read it, made a cuppa and made a day of it. Oh yes, I am neither French nor houseWIFE and shiny anything...?

And of course, there's your famous host with the most unlikely photo to illustrate this feature! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/4205342/Meet-the-Failed-French-Mummy.html

Not much chance of a famous namesake in my case: the 'ouk' spelling only dates back to my grandfather's time - because of the right spelling, we 'discovered' a whole branch of the family (via grandfather's brother) we didn't know about until FB!

Well apparently I am Princess Fiona of Shrek fame (that's how I explain myself "comme Shrek") - but I am only green the morning after .....

My son is named Oliver - Oliver Stone, that's as close as I'll get!

Oh !

I used to be prime minister of Rhodesia, and Harold What's-his-face in Neighbours. Quite honestly I'd rather be me.

I guess just a surname doesn't count, Paul Jocelyn-Brown for Jocelyn Brown the singer?