SFN lunch in Bordeaux 2024

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

2 Likes

Me!

I must see if I can work out park and ride to avoid scary city driving!

1 Like

We’ll have a house full as they have just confirmed travel so maybe next time.

1 Like

This one is very good:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/EQqFaa4i7zy4hmT77?g_st=ic

I think it is 4.50€ to park for the day including tram in and out of city centre

I think when a lunch was proposed pre-Covid is was to have lunch here:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/tQFpyVmfUEweivsD6?g_st=ic

2 Likes

That is correct! We went there last time and it was v good, a nice setting and easily accessible for most of the people who came.

4 pavillons? Excellent P&R

Glad to see it’s dog friendly, though haven’t yet asked Madame Gigi if she approves of the carte…

Parc-relais Buttinière

That’s the one I meant. 4 pavillons is the shopping centre just up the hill :slightly_smiling_face: I’m useless with names :cry:

1 Like

Sorry I cannot be there. Working that day. With more notice I could almost certainly have arranged something but 2 months is too short notice.

1 Like

I think I can make it. Seven hours there and back, so a couple of overnights but doable.

1 Like

Easyjet does from your major airport to Bordeaux daily. Timings are not bad at all.

Easyjet does from your major airport to Bordeaux daily.

Unfortunately by the time I’d driven south to our nearest major airport (Toulouse/Blagnac), I could have driven north and arrived in Bordeaux!

Good for those from, say, Cote d’Azur though. And your trains to Bordeaux aren’t bad.

Not for two people and a caniche!

If we come it won’t be by plane or train…

I think my wife will come across and do some shopping while I do lunching, she likes Bordeaux. Plus, I’ve free electricity from Ionity chargers for the 1st year of this car’s ownership, so the trip is “free”, apart from hotels.

Edit: Booked into Bordeaux for the nights of the 11th and 12th.

4 Likes

Oh, renowned for scallops and octopus, both favourites of mine.
Will have to cook the scallops as Jim is not a fan of octopus, I like it best a la plancha.

1 Like

Looks nice, and lovely view across to the Chambre de Commerce, by the looks of it.

Google reviews are very positive.

1 Like

…and moto parking right outside! :slight_smile:

1 Like