SFN NEWSLETTER April 1st (In case you didn't get it by email)

Hello All!

First off, I’d like to welcome all our new members! There’s been loads of you joining in the last few days and its really rewarding to see the network becoming so active. Thank you for all the nice comments too. James and I really appreciate all the feed-back and constructive criticism is always welcome.

If like me, you’re always short of reading matter, you might be interested in Jan Smith’s book exchange service. Jan has DVDs & Paperback Books in English for sale or to swop at the following venues -

L’Absie British Shop… Every Thursday 13h – 17h

Vouvant - Café Cour du Miracle… 1st Weds each month 14h – 16.30h

Thouars – Le Café des Arts… 1st Fri each month 14h – 16h

Mervent – Le Nautique… 2nd Thurs each month 18h – 20h

St Maixent L’Ecole - Le Chauray… 2nd Sat each month 10h - 14h

And during Apr-Oct only…

Vasles - Café Le Zinc… 1st Tues each month 11h – 13h

Chantemerle-Le Chaudron… 1st Thurs each month 18h – 20h

The books are sold at 3€ each and Jan gives a 1€ credit for any book you bring her, thus keeping your reading costs down and her stock constantly updated. Sounds like a great idea! You can also view over 2,500 books at La Ferriére–en-Parthenay, by arrangement

For more information about any venue call Jan on 06 08 30 73 29 or email her paperbackjan@gmail.com

Sarah Bird runs a camel farm in the 65 department and is offering network members a discounted day out with free entry for children. Check out their site http://www.lamaisondeschameaux.com for entry prices, opening hours and directions. An outing to the farm makes a great day out for all ages, there are plenty of other animals to see and coo over apart from the camels themselves and I highly recommend a visit. If you’re feeling brave, you could even try camel trekking. Make sure you quote code 214ch/April10 to benefit from the special offer.

Suzy Champion is planning to trek the Sahara ( maybe she should hook up with Sarah and borrow a camel?) to raise money for a very good cause, helping kids get through the everyday trials that being treated for cancer entails. You can read all about it and follow her exploits via her blog http://suzytrekssahara.blogspot.com/ Any support is very welcome and if we as a group, can all offer some moral support, I’m sure it will make a huge difference to Suzy’s efforts.

Peter Driscoll is launching a new pet policy and has asked for members to help him by reviewing his site. Click here. Please take a few minutes of your time to check it out and let Peter have your comments.

I’m aiming to send out a newsletter every two to three weeks so if there’s anything you want mentioning or you’d like your business featured, just drop me a line beforehand and I’ll do my best to include it.

For those of you who haven’t yet got round to it, don’t forget to upload a picture to your profile. You can do this quickly and easily by using the ‘Settings’ tab in the top right hand corner of your page. Don’t forget too that you can advertise whatever you like (within reason - no guns or drugs please…) in the SMALL ADS. As spring is supposedly here, although it certainly doesn’t feel like it today, maybe its the perfect moment to have a good sort out and earn some cash. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter us - @survivefrance And finally, please keep the photos and videos coming - we love seeing them!

Catharine and James xx

Try this; Go to MY PAGE - Settings - email and check all is ok there. If it is then it’s most likely to be your spam filter, either client or server side. You need to add mail@survivefrance.ning.com to your list of good stuff.

Thanks. No newsletter either but Karina got hers. Strange as I do receive notifications by email.
Gremlins, or have I not ticked something I should have ticked?

Fixed it - Dropped off somewhere along the line, it was working in the newsletter though, did you get your copy this time via your email address?

James

Hey…wot appened to me link???